PDA

View Full Version : Here's some pics, just starting to cut

Talking_God
01-07-2007, 10:40 PM
Well, this is me after years of crappy training (as in inconsistant and bad regimens..i use good technique, or i use miniscule weights until i can use good technique) and a horrible diet. This is me at probably 179lbs. and 5'10'' about a week ago. As of today im around 175lbs and same height. Just want to get thoughts from people on what you think i really should focus on working on as of right now. I wont bother with pics of my legs since they suck..lot of muscle..ever more fat on the upper thigh though haha. Feel free to critique me, dont pull any punches :)

i'll post some more this weekend, i can tell after looking at these that losing that little bit of weight has helped a bit..hopefully i'll have another pound or two off by this weekend.

flexed front
http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i49/gtpcrazy231/DSC00190.jpg

unflexed front
http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i49/gtpcrazy231/DSC00189.jpg

flexed back/biceps
http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i49/gtpcrazy231/DSC00191.jpg

Organichu
01-07-2007, 10:42 PM
Personally think you don't have enough mass to do a useful cut.

You're not tiny, though. Good luck in whichever you choose.

Any other back pics?

Unholy
01-07-2007, 10:45 PM
I will agree with organichu and say eat eat and eat some more.

Give it 110% at the gym with WBB1, eat clean but bulk.

Your bodyfat will drop and you will look leaner with fuller muscles.

Are you taking creatine?

Talking_God
01-07-2007, 10:52 PM
No, and personally i don't really want to start taking any. Not so much for the fact that i think its unhealthy, i think quite the opposite. But my parents and dr. said its unhealthy and of course a physician cant be wrong:rolleyes:, so i dont want to start any arguments over it. Now that i'm doing a modified version of WBB1 i already can tell i'm getting a little bigger, so i'll see how i do without the creatine for now. After my current supply of protein is gone, i plan to try ordering some Nitrean, and if it looks like i could use it, i'll throw in an order of their creatine. I appreciate your advice, i'll try to continue bulking now that i've got my diet in check and see if i cant put on some serious size :)

Edit: Btw, what is your folks' preferred way of measuring BF%, i used a friends scale and it said 22.4%, does that seem accurate? Depending on the feedback i'll get either the calipers or a scale pretty soon.

Unholy
01-07-2007, 11:00 PM
I think you are around 20%. Best way to do it yourself is to get some calipers. They are only a few bucks at www.bodybuilding.com

01-07-2007, 11:04 PM
yes i agree with holywars- clean bulk is where its at youll gains size and hopefully lean out a bit

Unholy
01-07-2007, 11:16 PM
what r some good things to eat on a cut

Look at the stickies in the diet and nutrition section. Especially the one titled "what a bodybuilder eats"

Talking_God
01-08-2007, 05:20 AM
Well..time to go with the general consensus..i'll do a really clean bulk! yay. i wasnt looking forward to cutting calories. Thanks for the input :) Any areas other than legs in particular that i should work on especially?

Organichu
01-08-2007, 06:41 AM
Good luck. Keep the "clean" in mind. While I do advocate a bulk, you don't have a ton of leeway to gain. It should still be both educational and productive for you, though.

Davidelmo
01-08-2007, 11:48 AM
Well..time to go with the general consensus..i'll do a really clean bulk! yay. i wasnt looking forward to cutting calories. Thanks for the input :) Any areas other than legs in particular that i should work on especially?

Your lats definately.

I agree with the posters above. Not to be harsh, but you don't have a huge amount of muscle to cut down to. If you cut you risk just being skinny. But your bodyfat isn't that low either so you're in a kinda awkward position.

If I were you, I'd go for a slow clean bulk. Try to make as much of the added weight be muscle as you can. Squat, deadlift, bench, pullups, rows, overhead press HEAVY, eat lots of protein every day and try to pack on as much muscle as possible.

Make a post in the bodybuilding forum for a good routine. Dont make up your own rubbish routine - follow a structured routine and stick to it. You'll have much better results.

Talking_God
01-08-2007, 02:26 PM
hehe, i used to have a completely **** routine, but i took WBB1 and changed the couple of lifts that i cant do in my basement. and i've now got a new diet down so that won't be a problem, and im taking about 1g of protein per lb of body weight, so that should be good, occassionally i have a little over that, but if it is its by <15g. but my routine does include deads, squats, rows, overhead presses..don't have a place to do pullups or i'd do those, and dont have a place to do dips or i'd do those (thats what i had to change out of WBB).

And David, believe me i know how much my position sucks, i've always kinda been a pudgy/chubby kid, but i've never been completely fat. so im stuck between wanting to lose the fat right now and wanting to just gain the muscle. But from what i've been reading if i lift smart i can take care of both, just with time :) and i agree about my lats..they're pathetic lol.

Thanks everyone for the input..this place's going to help me infinitely more than any other place i've been to. Much appreciated :)