PDA

View Full Version : Calories

Steven.Gaskell
01-08-2007, 07:31 AM
Hi

I currently take in around 250-300g protein per day [absolute minimum 200g] over the course of 5-7 meals per day, each meal usually 50g or slightly less every two hours. But I'm afraid I don't take in many calories.

I eat a lot of tuna, eggs, protein powder, dry oats, etc every day

Do you think I could grow better[lean muscle tissue] better with more calories or is this ok with the protein?

I dont bulk or cut just try to maintain everything year round and have done that ever since I start and dont plan on changing it. I realise for some this takes longer but like I say the rewards are very maintainable in the end

I've not lost any strength on low calories and have put on 3lbs this month so I am now 199lbs in the morning which hopefully will be 240[lean] in a few years or less

But if I'm short changing myself I'd like to know !

Thanks

Unholy
01-08-2007, 08:44 AM
3lbs a month of gained LBM Is great.

Optimum08
01-08-2007, 08:59 AM
i don't think you can know whether or not your short-changing yourself until you figure out your maintanence by tracking your cals for a couple weeks and monitoring the fluctuations in your weight.

Unholy
01-08-2007, 09:03 AM
If hes gaining a solid 3lbs a month and not gaining fat then hes doing something right.

Optimum08
01-08-2007, 09:27 AM
i agree. but i would just say if he wants to be sure that he isn't shortchanging himself he should track his cals until he realizes a maintanence caloric level. and go from there.

Mr. D
01-08-2007, 09:44 AM
how many total calories are you taking aside from the protein?How much carb and fat?

Steven.Gaskell
01-08-2007, 10:05 AM
Honestly I would say not a lot I'd say my calories are somewhere in the 1800-2000 range, with absolute bare minimum 200 grams of protein daily. Fats and carbs i have no idea i try to get the good fats from tuna and eggs today i bought the usual 12 tins of tuna this lasts about a week but sometimes i eat up to 3 tins of tuna per day. I know I'll eventually get to where i wanna be but i can hear the screams of ppl in the night just saying eat eat eat more but i dont know, like i say i wouldnt want to get big quickly then lose a lot of weight once i return to semi-normal eating habits[which will happen sometime]. but recently i started making changes, little ones like one more scoop of whey per male, one more apple, etc but i can only go so far. ie. i could not suddenly start adding more and more eggs per meal because that would be too costly and not sustainable. right now my life revolves around eggs, tuna, and scoops of whey with some occasional treats like good, real fruit yoghurts and chocolate once a week then its all gone until next time. its pretty good though because it is now a habit. i finally cracked it shall we say but i fear my calories are too low overall

So all in all i would say 1800-2000 cals and no idea on carb and fats
I take 2g mono per day. actually mono/protein/carb blend and NO, i grinded the 30 or so nitrix tabs, finished of my no explode and now buy some creatine i used about year ago. i liked no-explode worked wonders and i always felt fired up but its a little expnsive but did last me well, lasted 2 weeks on average for me at two scoops per day. so now i take this 6.00 stuff actually great..trying not to rely on supplements too much but no-explode i will give it that much is great stuff, and lemonade is the best tastinng very good. and of course whey protein with my meals 20g per serving, with 2 whole eggs is 44g protein per meal. i do this roughly 7 times every 2 hours which equates to 300g but of course with little inbetwens like the milk and chocolate bars comes to more..

Thanks