PDA

View Full Version : off day diet

Jeffreyk
01-08-2007, 10:07 AM
what do you guys that sit all day do on your off days? Change your diet at all? This is my biggest problem...trying to put on lean mass and doing nothing.

malkore
01-08-2007, 10:58 AM
eat the same thing you eat on training days, especially if you're bulking.
packing on quality mass is all about consistency.

Jeffreyk
01-08-2007, 11:10 AM
Without fear of fat gain? Just sitting all day??

Unholy
01-08-2007, 11:12 AM
I lower my carbs a bit on offdays. But yes. You grow out of the gym not in the gym. when you are sitting on your ass doing nothing the day after a session thats when you are growing the most. So eat up.

Optimum08
01-08-2007, 11:35 AM
:withstupi. just because your idle doesn't mean your body is not growing. especially days that follow an intense lifting session.

RedSpikeyThing
01-08-2007, 12:00 PM
My life style isn't very active. I train hard 3 times a week and play hockey for an hour once, maybe twice, per week. I do walk a lot from home to class, but other than that I'm on my ass.

Last semester I ate whatever it took to hit a minimum of 3500 calories per day. My only concern was getting enough protein and fat, which I did. And yes, this was a relatively clean diet. I didn't gain much fat at all, but then again I'm pretty thin.

If you're conerned about excess fat gain you could try carb cycling.

reloaded
01-08-2007, 04:21 PM
I keep my diet the same for both on days and off days. It's been working out very well on my cut.