PDA

View Full Version : High calorie low carb options.

Mad Max
01-08-2007, 10:23 AM
Can anyone give me some suggestions for high calorie low carb options for my bulk. I try to limit carbs to less than 200-250 a day, the reason being that I am absolutely convinced that too many carbs does in fact exasperate/perhaps cause acne, which I have quite a lot of (well bacne anyway). I've found that when I've been consuming vast quantities of milk, the lactose probably did contribute to making my back look positivley jurassic.

Penut butter seems like a sensible option, but I have trouble getting it down. Fifty grams of the stuff and it begins to feel like I'm giving my jaw a HIT session. How can one get pb down easily?

Unholy
01-08-2007, 10:26 AM
PB is great in a protein shake. Lean Meats, Cottage cheese, eggwhites, Tuna, other fish are all great sources of lean carb free protein. You should check out the Stickies in the Diet and Nutrition section for a more comprehensive list, theres one link in the sticky titled "What a Bodybuilder Eats" great info in there.

malkore
01-08-2007, 10:57 AM
try seeing a dermatologist about acne. especially if its cystic acne, and not just your ordinary type pimple that comes and goes within a few days.

cystic acne quickly leads to scarring. been there, done that.

RedSpikeyThing
01-08-2007, 12:08 PM
try seeing a dermatologist about acne. especially if its cystic acne, and not just your ordinary type pimple that comes and goes within a few days.

That is the best thing I did when I suffered from bad acne.

OP: milk (and dairy in general, I believe) has been linked to acne. As far as I know, it is the lactose and not carbs in general.

To answer your original question nuts and oils are very calorie dense and contain little/no carbs,

Optimum08
01-08-2007, 01:16 PM
nuts are your friend. (almond, walnuts, etc. etc.)

ADT
01-08-2007, 09:41 PM
Listen to everyone preaching the benefits of nuts.

Here is an example.

12 ounces of peanuts = an amazing 2,040 calories!
12 ounces of peanuts = only 72 grams of carbohydrates!

Have you started eating peanuts yet! Thought so.:thumbup:

Best,
Andrew