PDA

View Full Version : cant get enough food

jurzysfinest
01-08-2007, 01:48 PM
I have a slight problem. I cant get enough of the food that I need. For breakfast I dont have time to eat so I just drink a myoplex shake. for lunch I have to buy school food because we dont have a microwave at school. all we have is like pizza, sandwhiches, and salads. when I get home I eat 2 peanut butter sandwhiches(no jelly xtra penutbutter) on whole wheat bread. then I eat dinner which is usually like a potatoe and steak or pasta and chicken. Does anyone know how I can get in more fruits, vegetables, bread, and meats into my diet? By the way I am trying to get strong or boxing and football.

McVein
01-08-2007, 02:18 PM
get up earlier, not having time for breakfast is a pathetic excuse.

Does anyone know how I can get in more fruits, vegetables, bread, and meats into my diet?...by eating them

i dont have a microwave at my school, i have a chicken roll, pretty much every day, a can of fish, and nuts...when im in school, just eat al you can..when you can

its up to you

jurzysfinest
01-08-2007, 04:02 PM
well I cant wake up earlier mainly because i get to bed around 1-2 and wake up around 6:00

What is a chicken roll. And when you say can of fish is that like tuna?

reloaded
01-08-2007, 04:27 PM
For breakfast I dont have time to eat so I just drink a myoplex shake.
The morning is a good time to make yourself your own weightgainer shake. Included in the shake can be: protein powder, oatmeal, fruit, peanut butter, walnuts, milk, and anything else you want to throw in. Then blend.

A shake like that can easily amount to more than 1000 calories.

If you don't get enough calories in the day, make another one in the evening or eat gobs of peanut butter and cottage cheese.

jurzysfinest
01-08-2007, 04:42 PM
instead of the myoplex?? and what kind of protein powder do you recomend.

Unholy
01-08-2007, 04:52 PM
A blend would work best. Nitrean from www.atlargenutrition.com is the only one i can think of off the top of my head. You want a mix of slow and fast digesting proteins so that your body gets a steady stream of protein rather then just post shake.

ray34iyf
01-08-2007, 05:10 PM
If you need more calories, go buy a big ole jar of peanuts or mixed nuts. A cup of those things packs a load of calories. 600+ atleast.

jurzysfinest
01-08-2007, 05:48 PM
What do you think of this as a lunch?. Tuna sandwhich on whole wheat bread. A cup of milk and a cup of peanuts. The only problem with this is that I would need to get some gum so my breath wouldnt smell O yah and does anyone drink like 6 raw eggs as a breakfast?

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
01-08-2007, 05:53 PM
Don't drink raw eggs. Cook them. It makes them more bioavailable and more easily digested. Plus the fact that it'll probably taste like you're drinking runny snot if you drink them raw.

Unholy
01-08-2007, 05:57 PM
Nope raw eggs are not good for you, no matter what you see in the movies.

jurzysfinest
01-08-2007, 06:24 PM
o ok. Well in that case. I will try and make the shake, but for lunch I am goign to make a tuna sandwhich, but what do you guys think about gum. I need to chew gum if i eat the sandwhich or mayby use a breathmint.

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
01-08-2007, 06:25 PM
There's nothing wrong with gum. Chew away.

Unholy
01-08-2007, 06:26 PM
I agree tuna breath is not pleasant.

jurzysfinest
01-08-2007, 06:43 PM
ok good I dont remember wear but it said gum was bad. But i trust you guys more because you seem to know what you are talking about.

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
01-08-2007, 06:51 PM
I chew sugar-free gum, but sometimes the sugar alcohol makes my stomach sick.

jurzysfinest
01-08-2007, 07:06 PM
o ok. thanks.

Detard
01-08-2007, 07:28 PM
for lunch at school i usually have a few sandwiches. lots of meat(salami, turkey, ham, bologne, chicken) with lettuce, cheese, mayo and mustard. 2 cups of peanuts to much on during the day, a glass of whole milk(with 2 scoops protein) in the morning, and after school (usually gatorade or something like chocolate milk at lunch). bring your own lunch to school, much cheaper and you can make what you like.

as for breakfast you can have stuff like eggs, cereal, toast, with some orange juice.

RedSpikeyThing
01-08-2007, 07:49 PM
for lunch at school i usually have a few sandwiches. lots of meat(salami, turkey, ham, bologne, chicken) with lettuce, cheese, mayo and mustard. 2 cups of peanuts to much on during the day, a glass of whole milk(with 2 scoops protein) in the morning, and after school (usually gatorade or something like chocolate milk at lunch). bring your own lunch to school, much cheaper and you can make what you like.

as for breakfast you can have stuff like eggs, cereal, toast, with some orange juice.

now THAT is a big boy's meal plan.....I should get on that.

pbfreak9999
01-08-2007, 08:21 PM
ya no offence, im getting sick of people saying there not getting enough time for breakfast.
i have the same deal as u..i have school..football and boxing( im more into MMA)
I wake up..and make a huge shake that runs me almost 2000 calories..i put weight gainer in it, alot of milk, fruits, honey, ice cream, olive oil and w.e else i can find..and put it in a blender.
the previous night i make meals, such as the tuna burgers, and tons of pasta. I bring those to school..there fine to eat cold, and along with that i spend about 5 dollars a day for school food..such as bagels, chicken patties, cheeseburgers
then i work out, go home..drink a shake, or have a couple of sandwhiches. Then theres dinner which usually i make pasta with sauce and sausages.
I also usually have dessert and that shake if i didnt get it after working out.
THis works pretty good

jurzysfinest
01-08-2007, 08:33 PM
Well I guess what I am forgetting to say is that I am poor so I get lunch for free. that is the main reason why I get school Lunch. But I am going to start bringing in lunch. But I really dont havea enough time. I wake up at 6 my bus comes at 7. Shower is around 30-45 minutes brush teeth 5 minutes and I about 10-15 min getting dress and put on cologne.

jft9120
01-08-2007, 08:37 PM
lmao why does it take u so long in the shower????? and how long does it really take to put on cologne, liek 10 seconds tops???????

pbfreak9999
01-08-2007, 09:40 PM
haha ya, im the same with u..i leave at 7..but i wake up at 5:55 to start jumping in the shower..then i get out of the bathroom..all dressed, showered, hair done around 6:20 depending on the day. Then i have about 40 minutes to drink the big shake. So if u really want it bad enough..wake up earlier

jurzysfinest
01-09-2007, 01:56 PM
If I wake up earlier I dont have enough sleep which is also very important. Also I take long showers so I smell extra good. And I have to pick what shoes, clothes, and cologne to wear.

Detard
01-09-2007, 02:09 PM
go to bed earlier then. there is no advantage of staying in the shower for 45 minutes. thats just a waste of water. sure it feels good but im sure you can deal with only having a 15 minute shower. if you want it bad enough, you'll find/make time to get those calories in.

Unreal
01-09-2007, 02:38 PM
5 minutes less sleep to get proper food is well worth it.

Optimum08
01-09-2007, 02:47 PM
:withstupi...is anyone making you stay up until 1-2?

jurzysfinest
01-09-2007, 04:02 PM
Well between homework, weight lifting, football/boxing. I usually work until 1-2 but I will try and wake up earlier in order to eat in the morning.

00MaxSE
01-09-2007, 07:24 PM
Microwave some oatmeal in the morning and slice a bannana into it. It's quick and has plenty of fiber.

jurzysfinest
01-09-2007, 07:45 PM
ok I will try that. Thanks. I am probably going to make the shake with oatmeal, milk, bananas, protein powder, and peanut butter in it.

teaturtle
01-09-2007, 09:18 PM
lol why're you so crazy about smelling good .... food is more important X(