PDA

View Full Version : My pants are getting to tight!

bighugefatguy
01-08-2007, 04:07 PM
All,

My pants were already pretty snug before I started working out about 4 weeks ago. I've been doing Ab workouts 3 times per week. I've been lifting hard and heavy and have been eating a lot. Is it normal for my mid-section to get a little bigger with the ab workouts before I start losing weight? It seems like most of my fat is in my mid-section, and the rest of my body is fairly lean. Any ideas?

Thanks!

WBBIRL
01-08-2007, 04:09 PM
Depends on where you store your fat (which is determined by genetics). A large majority of people store it in their midsections so it wouldn't shock me.

bighugefatguy
01-08-2007, 04:40 PM
Oh it definately prefers my mid-section. Really annoying, but does it make sense that I've been working my abs, maybe the muscles in my abs have gotten a little bigger, causing my fat mid-section to get a little bigger, before the muscle starts burning the fat and gets smaller?

Unholy
01-08-2007, 04:50 PM
How much have you changed your diet?

bighugefatguy
01-08-2007, 05:12 PM
I haven't really changed my diet at all, I'm hungry a lot more often now that I've been lifting a lot. I don't eat perfectly, but I don't sit on the couch and eat cheetos all day either.

Unholy
01-08-2007, 05:16 PM
Seems as though you need to start tracking your calories so you know what you are eating every day rather then making assumptions, if you are gaining too quickly just drop your cals a few hundred and then reasses after a few weeks.

coconut
01-10-2007, 05:59 AM
or probably your butt(the muscle) is getting bigger, I'm a lot leaner than before but I use bigger pants since by but got bigger