PDA

View Full Version : how long to diet

rapidride3
01-08-2007, 09:49 PM
I am 5'9'' . I started my cut on october 1st. of 06' i have no pics however i would say i was built similar to a common high school linebacker,, nice size legs,, chest ,, shoulders. Although i did have some meat around my waist for sure,, as in "love handles" I am now weighing 198 lbs. I have made sure that i am losing the weight SLOWLY like 1-1.5 lb a week,,,,,,well it's killing me,, i am figuring i need to weigh between 166-168 lbs to be ripped,,, I am finding it hard to believe it will still take me around 32WEEKS to lose the weight. The way i am going,,, i am should have to diet for another 6-months,,,,,I do not look obese or even overweight at all,,,, Is this too long for a cut???,, a total of 8 months!!!!! my original bodyfat was something like 18% Iam in a 36'' waist. I haven't started cardio as of yet as i want to use it when i really need it towards the end or when i reach a plateau. Is it the end of the world to lose 2-2.5 lbs a week on a cut. If i gave before and after pics of my cut to a knowledgeable person and then told them it took 32 weeks to lose the weight,, they would be laughing there a$$ off. Any suggestions???? or comments would be appreciated,, Am i taking the slow cut overboard???

Vapour Trails
01-09-2007, 08:53 AM
You should take a diet break if you find your weight loss has stalled. It depends on your starting bodyfat, but generally everyone needs a diet break eventually. Try eating at maintenance for 2 weeks then restart your diet. This will help reset your metabolism (leptin) etc.

Yes the results on a "traditional cut" are painfully slow.
Consider searching for the Ultimate Diet 2.0

rapidride3
01-09-2007, 03:51 PM
well,,, i took a break over the holidaysi gained 4 lbs. in 10 days,, i 'm sure it was some fat but most of it was water weight. I am still eating 1 big cheat meal on Sundays which puts me about 4-500 cals over my normal caloric level,, when i do this i feel great for the next couple of days in the gym and mentally.