PDA

View Full Version : Par Deus

02-13-2002, 07:58 PM
Can you provide any links that discuss and explain why CID is the new superior diet? thanks.

Par Deus
02-13-2002, 09:38 PM
Not really -- basically, it is meant to positively manipulate leptin. If you have not read my articles on that (issues #3, 4, and 5 of Big Mf'r) you should do so.

http://www.avantlabs.com/big_mfr/big_mfr_magazine.htm

However, there is certainly no direct data on such a diet.

It has also been discussed a bit on the MFW newsgroup.

Marcel
02-14-2002, 11:00 PM
Par Deus - How did you feel while on CID diet? I mean how did it compare to other diets you may have done? Thanks Deus. Laterz.

Par Deus
02-15-2002, 08:55 AM
Originally posted by Marcel
Par Deus - How did you feel while on CID diet? I mean how did it compare to other diets you may have done? Thanks Deus. Laterz.

Very good. It prevents the fatigue, moodiness, and ravenous hunger I used to get when dieting without refeeds. It also avoids the hours to days of feeling like **** before entering ketosis.

It also works well in regard to having a life -- a night of binge drinking or a high food intake holiday can be timed to occur during a carb up.

Marcel
02-15-2002, 12:46 PM
Interesting.:cool:

02-15-2002, 01:04 PM
par - how would you compare CID with a 30/50/20 split. I've used the 30/50/20 in the past with much success. I was able to gain a little strength and add some muscle after 8 weeks of dieting down.

Assuming proper refeeds take place with both diets, which do you see as superior, in terms of fat loss, muscle maintanence, and strength gain/maintenance. and why? Thanks.

MRJ
02-15-2002, 01:16 PM
Whats-up with the bulk-up, diet down stuff ?

Can't one maintain a diet high in calories, but balanced in the the macros and attain the same result ?

Regards, :help:

02-15-2002, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by MRJ

Can't one maintain a diet high in calories, but balanced in the the macros and attain the same result ?

Regards, :help:

no, as a trainee becomes more experienced it becomes tougher and tougher to gain muscle and lose fat simutaneously.

Par Deus
02-15-2002, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by Avatar
par - how would you compare CID with a 30/50/20 split.

I assume the "50" is protein...??? If so, much of it would be converted to glucose and have the exact same effect. Basically, would just come down to rather you preferred to eat carbs or protein.

Par Deus
02-15-2002, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by MRJ

If you maintain a diet high in calories (which is necessary for maximal mucle gain -- a hormone thing), you will gain fat, thus you will neee to diet at some point.