PDA

View Full Version : fat distribution

01-09-2007, 04:18 PM
I know different body types carry fat differently. I also know carrying it mostly in the stomach area is very unhealthy. its one of the reasons im trying to get into shape. I dont want to be at greater risk.

So is there any type of diet or routine that can change where your body stores fat? I mean ideally id like to get rid of most of it altogether. But Id still like to know if its possible to distribute it evenly.

Unholy
01-09-2007, 04:31 PM
No sir its genetics. Lower your overall BF and it will come off.

Bicster
01-09-2007, 04:41 PM
Id still like to know if its possible to distribute it evenly.

You and 100 million american women! If you find a way you'll be set for life!

Optimum08
01-10-2007, 01:26 PM
No sir its genetics. Lower your overall BF and it will come off.

:withstupi...for most people the gut fat is the most stubborn and last place for the fat to come off.

01-10-2007, 10:42 PM
yeah i figured it was genetic. but there is always hope

crazedwombat
01-11-2007, 07:23 AM
heheh not anymore :CRUSH: Now get to the losing of the fat

EDIT: 10 min lost work time commited into this. But done for you

Cirino83
01-11-2007, 07:46 AM
heheh not anymore :CRUSH: Now get to the losing of the fat

EDIT: 10 min lost work time commited into this. But done for you

hahahaha Yea I wish I could press my stomach and have the weight get distributed to my thighs and arms..

zen
01-11-2007, 08:10 AM
yeah i figured it was genetic. but there is always hope

it's not 100% genetic, there are other factors. Men are prone to store certain types of fat around their abdomen than women, who will store it on their hips and thighs. However, genetics play a large part.

Also, I don't know this in any way as an informed fact, but the last time I read about the studies about people with fat more concentrated around the abdomen having higher health risks did not specifically link the health risks to the fat. In other words, it COULD be that the fat stored around the abdomen is a symptom of other causes of the health risks, and not the cause itself.
So, in other words, it is theoretically possible that reducing fat there will not reduce your health risks, except for the fact that reducing it could also affect the cause.
Blah, I'm babbling.
I think the best point is this; reduct your overall bodyfat levels, and you will be healthier. It is virtually impossible to spot-reduce body fat.

RedSpikeyThing
01-11-2007, 08:22 AM
There a few things that can help nutrient partitioning. Fish oil is supposed to help with is. I've also heard that doing cardio and eating to compensate for it (therefore consuming more calories compared to not doing cardio) can also help nutrient partitioning.

it's not 100% genetic, there are other factors. Men are prone to store certain types of fat around their abdomen than women, who will store it on their hips and thighs. However, genetics play a large part.

I would say that's genetics ;)

GroundControl
01-11-2007, 10:11 AM
wait....people who are prone to holding excess fat around their midsection are at a higher health risks ? why is this ? So would removing excess fat lower the risk ? Confused.......

Unholy
01-11-2007, 10:13 AM
People who are prone t holding fat period are at risk. Doesnt matter where it is.

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
01-11-2007, 10:14 AM
Stomach fat runs a wonderful risk for Type II Diabetes. Yes...there are higher health risks with having excessive body fat.

zen
01-11-2007, 10:35 AM
There a few things that can help nutrient partitioning. Fish oil is supposed to help with is. I've also heard that doing cardio and eating to compensate for it (therefore consuming more calories compared to not doing cardio) can also help nutrient partitioning.

I would say that's genetics ;)
absolutely, that is a give, but the point was, it's hormonal. In other words, if a guy took female hormones in large doses, where his fat store patterns may change.