PDA

View Full Version : Eating as much as I can but its not enough

Jinkies
01-09-2007, 09:33 PM
Im eating pretty much every 2 hours and good sized meals, I feel as though I can't add anymore actually food into my diet without getting sick. Im sticking strong too it but everytime I eat I feel ill and when I don't I feel hungry haha.

Im working alot harder then I ever have and need alot of energy to maintain my workout intensity but it seems that all I eat is just keeping me level. I added more food and I just seemed to burn it more, actually since Ive started eating every 2 hours I've lost a few pounds due to my metabolism jumping up.

Im hoping to add some more muscle to my frame and it seems no matter what training or supplements I take im not packin on muscle so I need to find some extra way to add calories. Im thinking of waking up middle of the night and eating a meal but does anyone know of something very easy to digest but good calorie wise for building muscle. Im burning bodyfat but Im trying to keep my muscles fed so hopefully they can grow a little and show as my fat levels drop.

WBBIRL
01-09-2007, 09:53 PM
Just how much are you eating? Like calorie range?

ray34iyf
01-10-2007, 05:47 AM
Yeah man. We need the calorie totals. You could eat until you throw up but if it isn't above you maintanance, you aren't going to gain a pound.

Jinkies
01-10-2007, 07:19 AM
Usually between 7,000-8,000 daily

RedSpikeyThing
01-10-2007, 07:35 AM
Usually between 7,000-8,000 daily

Do you track on fitday?
If you're not gaining weight at that level, try 7500-8500. ****ty, but that's how it goes.

ArchAngel777
01-10-2007, 07:48 AM
Ok, I was always willing to give Jinkies the benifit of the doubt here, but again, just another thing that doesn't add up. Jinkies was 284 about 2 months ago according to his thread. He is like 25% BF and probably nearing 30% at this point. Why is he looking to gain muscle? He said in that post before that he plans to cut. I think Jinkies just decide to start a topic and bull **** on it. I mean seriously, look at the threads he created. If I am wrong, I will admit it, but I seriously doubt it at this point and more than half of this forum things something is shady...

Unholy
01-10-2007, 09:35 AM
Werd just eat 10k a day home fries.

RedSpikeyThing
01-10-2007, 10:08 AM
Werd just eat 10k a day of home fries.

I fixed it for you.

WBBIRL
01-10-2007, 10:12 AM
Thats an insanely fast metabolism, you've joined the list of people whom I despise due to that fact alone.

I don't know what to tell you homeslice, with that metabolism you should be able to shed 40 pounds or more of pure fat by summer time and the 40 dropped pounds of fat will surely slow your metabolism down somewhat.

TTT
01-10-2007, 10:25 AM
Just force in an extra jar or two of peanut butter before bedtime.

Unholy
01-10-2007, 10:32 AM
Lol How were you fat if you cant get weight off 7000-8000 calories, I call bull**** till I see a fitday link.

Davidelmo
01-10-2007, 11:14 AM
I call BS on the 7-8k calories... actually I'm starting to think BS on a lot of things you say. Sorry.

Your story is always changing. After that discussion in the members pictures forum, I thought you were cutting? You're already 25%+ I'm not sure what the point of bulking is.

Also I'm sure you once said something like "if I want to gain weight I just eat an extra peanut butter sandwich and if I want to lose weight I cut back a little."

Jinkies
01-10-2007, 07:27 PM
The peanutbutter thing will work for most people but its gotten to the point where its not working for me.

Im in a since trying to cut, but I believe its possible to add muscle while cutting bodyfat. Because im at such a high bodyfat right now I want to do cardio to help get inshape and burn extra calories while eating to build muscle. You don't have to pack on insane pounds, im just worried that if im dropping too fast I'll need to eat more so I can grow a little while im losing.

You willing to believe that im 25 percent bodyfat at 285 pounds but not believing that im eating 8k to maintain that? Im working out 1-2 hours daily with my daily activies and im jumproping 30 minutes a night with speed bag training.

Stumprrp
01-10-2007, 08:12 PM
i dont want to upset you jinkies but it takes a dead strict diet and everything needs to be in place for a recomp which is losing fat and gaining muscle, its almost impossible, add strength and lose fat yes, add muscle and gain fat yes, but both? tough stuff.

7-8 K is alot and i think you need to post your daily diet up for us.

your lean mass is about 220, that is quite a bit.

Slim Schaedle
01-10-2007, 09:03 PM
but I believe its possible to add muscle while cutting bodyfat. Because im at such a high bodyfat right now I want to do cardio to help get inshape and burn extra calories while eating to build muscle.
Aint gonna happen at 25% BF and that type of diet.

If you are truly looking to add cals, a liquid diet of milk, whey, oats, fat source really provides no excuses.

Unholy
01-10-2007, 09:36 PM
Jinkies has reverted to our typical "which brand of NO2 product should I buy" member type.

Your cutting on 7000-8000 cals a day? Thats laughable.

Im eating 1800 cals a day. Working out 4-5 times a week and I am recomping.

Are you on crack?

deeder
01-11-2007, 09:23 AM
Jinkies has reverted to our typical "which brand of NO2 product should I buy" member type.

Your cutting on 7000-8000 cals a day? Thats laughable.

Im eating 1800 cals a day. Working out 4-5 times a week and I am recomping.

Are you on crack?

Him cutting on 7-8k is laughable. You on 1800 cals a day is insane!? That's the lowest I went at the very end of my last cut and you're about 95lbs heavier than I was back then!! You might see better results upping the cals a bit and cleaning up your diet? I'm just guessing though.. I have no idea what you eat :nod:

Slim Schaedle
01-11-2007, 09:42 AM
Him cutting on 7-8k is laughable. You on 1800 cals a day is insane!? That's the lowest I went at the very end of my last cut and you're about 95lbs heavier than I was back then!! You might see better results upping the cals a bit and cleaning up your diet? I'm just guessing though.. I have no idea what you eat :nod:

If it's a recomposition diet, 1800 is not insane. Refeeds/carb-ups make this number quite doable and comfortable along with a little appetite suppression supplementation.

I did it on 1700cals/day (4 days/week) for almost 7 months. With my maintenance being 3,700.

Anthony
01-11-2007, 09:43 AM

Agreed. Almost three times heavier than Jodi and eating the same calories ... something is out of whack!

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
01-11-2007, 09:59 AM
I guess everyone is different. :scratch: That's crazy, though.

Unholy
01-11-2007, 10:02 AM
Yea my terrible metabolism. I tracked for 2 weeks and my maintenance is around 2800. I eat 1800-2000 cals a day. So far in the past 4 months I have lost 29lbs of fat and gained 6 lbs of muscle. I do eat clean and therefor even with those "crazy calories" I am full all day, no appetite suppressant required.

ray34iyf
01-11-2007, 05:37 PM
How can someone have body recomp? Can someone explain this a bit more in depth?

Unholy
01-11-2007, 05:51 PM
Basically its the rare occasion where you will lose fat at the same time as you gain lean body mass. Its a slow process but for me in the end its more rewarding. I don't even know how it works out because doesn't it defy the laws of thermodynamics?

Slim Schaedle
01-11-2007, 05:54 PM
How can someone have body recomp? Can someone explain this a bit more in depth?

www.bodyrecomposition.com

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
01-11-2007, 06:12 PM
^^

Forgot about Lyle McDonald. Thanks for the link and reminder.

Roddy
01-11-2007, 06:19 PM
i dont recommend eating that many calories. I averaged 8,000 cals for 2 months... i didnt gain alot, and i just felt lethargic, and a started looking a bit fat.

Find out what you need to eat for maintainence and eat just slightly above that.... say 1,000-1500 cals extra max.

takes time dood.

method115
01-12-2007, 07:31 PM
Yea when I start a bulk I wont start gaining weight for about a month or two after starting. I really don't know why, every single time I start a bulk it is like that.

Davidelmo
01-14-2007, 08:39 AM
To be honest though, I dont see Jinkies getting any body recomp.. he might as well just cut properly. If his lifts are true then he's probably already at his genetic max - I dont see him adding much muscle while he loses fat. I've only ever seen that work well in fat guys who have never lifted before. For someone who has been training for years and has a 600+ squat, I just don't see i happening.

Tofer
01-14-2007, 09:29 AM
It's hard for me to take Jinkies seriously, because he never seems to follow up on his threads or posts. I think we all waited pretty patiently for that parallel 600+ lb squat that was promised where it shows his face (then magically he loses serious poundages on all his lifts), we waited for the video from the talent show of him deadlifting (which somehow gets cancelled due to "lack of money"... errr...), people have asked countless times for pics where his face is actually showing (instead he posts pics where the face is covered by the flash), and then he talks about going on a cut and makes a thread like this where he says he's eating almost 8000 calories... I mean, I just don't even know what to believe. I want to offer advice, but it just seems pointless. I just keep picturing someone like that guy in the World of Warcraft South Park episode, sitting behind his computer.

I mean, I could be wrong, and he could just be a really sketchy kid, but I wish he would just provide definitive proof of SOMETHING.

Holto
01-14-2007, 10:18 AM
Yea when I start a bulk I wont start gaining weight for about a month or two after starting. I really don't know why, every single time I start a bulk it is like that.

Either you aren't counting calories or you don't know what your maintenance is.