PDA

View Full Version : Steak while Cutting?!?!?

BornBig
02-13-2002, 09:28 PM
Ive been cutting for about a month, I really am new to this. I have been eating wuite abit of steak, mostly Rib-eye and new york strip.

Is this bad? i know its got good protien... i tend to eat one a day on my George Foreman grill... Bad or good?!?!

Also, i like to mix it up some... what are some alternatives to steak that i can eat while cutting.

YatesNightBlade
02-14-2002, 02:39 AM
Turkey and Eggs are good alternatives.

Steak is fine, as long as it's lean.

EasyGino
02-14-2002, 06:58 AM
Ok, usually any meat in moderation is fine. But steak is a red-meat, which isn't as good for you as say a piece of chicken. I try to keep all my red-meats to a minimum.

YatesNightBlade
02-14-2002, 07:07 AM
Calories in calories out.

gino
02-14-2002, 08:38 AM
Steak is just protein and fat calories. These are good sources of calories while cutting. I eat a serving of red meat every day.

EasyGino
02-14-2002, 08:44 AM
Originally posted by gino
Steak is just protein and fat calories. These are good sources of calories while cutting. I eat a serving of red meat every day.

Hey Gino can u throw me the reason why RedMeat is supposedly bad for you? Because I can't remember who told me, but yeah i've been living by the fact that i think the redmeat is bad for me.

YatesNightBlade
02-14-2002, 08:49 AM
the media told you.

Tryska
02-14-2002, 08:50 AM
word.

gino
02-14-2002, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by EasyGino

Hey Gino can u throw me the reason why RedMeat is supposedly bad for you? Because I can't remember who told me, but yeah i've been living by the fact that i think the redmeat is bad for me.

Too much saturated fat is not good for you, but eating a piece of steak every day won't adversely affect you assuming your diet the rest of the day is pretty good. I wouldn't eat it as much as I do chicken, but my diet is so good the rest of the day, I don't consider eating a juicy steak once a day a bad thing. And if I ate like the average joe, I wouldn't eat red meat every day either.

RW Rockwell
02-14-2002, 09:31 AM
A steak and sweet potatoe meal at 10 pm is bad for you or good cuz of the carbs?

aeckhardt
02-14-2002, 02:40 PM
Steak is excellent for a cutting diet as long as you are doing low carbs. Its got tons of good stuff in it.

But, if you are doing normal carbs and therefore a little lower fat, I would stick to leaner protein choices.