PDA

View Full Version : Bulking = nonCARDIO!

Jeffreyk
01-11-2007, 05:48 AM
Have any of you managed to keep your bf% under 10% during a clean bulking up phase by lifting only. I.e zero cardio or maybe just a little bike on the off days? Just curious how many have felt that diet is 100% of staying lean....do you reduce cals on off days? Reduce carbs? Skip pw shake only? Thanks...

Anthony
01-11-2007, 06:16 AM
Lifting is a form of cardio.

Jeffreyk
01-11-2007, 06:31 AM
Does it work for you...what about ioff days? Same diet?

Anthony
01-11-2007, 08:48 AM
The point I was trying to make is that there is no distinction between "cardio" and weight lifting.

Cardio is anything that increases your heart rate.

Weight lifting increases your heart rate. Weight lifting is "cardio."

Running increases your heart rate. Running is "cardio."

As for diet, mine is pretty basic: meat, veggies, nuts at every meal. I'm not bulking or cutting. I don't adjust for off days. Some people do, some don't. Experiment.

Jeffreyk
01-11-2007, 09:02 AM
thanks bro....just wondering if you do any form of cardio OTHER than training.....and how is your daily carb consumption?

Anthony
01-11-2007, 09:08 AM
Yes, I use a wide variety of training methods ... ME, RE, DE, HIIT, Tabata HIIT, complexes, circuits, etc.

My carb consumption is completely irrelevant ... there are way too many variables between us to use my specific diet as an example of your own. I gave you the principles I follow: meat, veggies, and nuts at every meal. The amount/ratio that is ideal for you can only be determined by experimenting.