PDA

View Full Version : Help Wanted With It All...

Superman250
01-12-2007, 11:04 AM
Hey everyone,

A friend recommended me to this site and I have been lurking around a bit trying to get some helpful tips on a good diet. What is listed below is what I have so far however I am always looking for help on how to make it better. My main goal is to lose some fat and secondary goal is to keep gaining muscle.

Stats:

Height - 6' 2"
Weight - 255
Body Fat - 22-25%
Goal for April '07(Birthday)- 220
Goal for May '07(Going to Florida)- 210

Meal Plan:

Meal 1 - 4 Egg Whites/2 Egg Whole/1 Banana

Meal 2 - 50g Whey Protein/250 ml Skim Milk

Meal 3 - 6 Slices Roast Beef/2 Slices Whole Wheat/30g Cheddar Cheese

Meal 4 - 6oz Chicken Breast/Veggies

Meal 5 - 2 Cups Brown Rice/50g Whey Protein/250 ml Skim Milk

Meal 6 - Cheese/Veggies

Approx.: 2400 Cal/42g Fat/360 Carbs/190g Protein

Now along with a good diet I am working out 5 days a week along with 5 days of cardio. The only two days I don't do cardio is legs day and the day after.

Workout/Exercise Routine:

Monday - Cardio/Chest/Abs

Tuesday - Cardio/Back/Calves

Wednesday - Cardio/Arms

Thursday - Cardio/Abs

Friday - Legs/Butt

Saturday - Shoulders/Traps/Neck

Sunday - Cardio

Along with all this I will be taking some supplements/vitamins.

Supplements:

S.A.N. Tight! (Taken just as I wake up, also looking for another fat burner as I can no longer get SAN Tight in Canada because of the Yohimbee(?))

S.A.N. Seasamin (Before Meal 3 and Meal 6)

Multi Vitamin/Mineral (4 Caps daily)

Glutamine HT (8.25g after workout)

Creatine Mono (5g before workout)

XP ISO Protein Powder (40g w/ 250ml Skim Milk, 2 to 3 times daily)

Green Tea Extract (1 Cap daily)

BCAA (up to 6 Caps daily on empty stomach)

Thanks in advance for everyones input...anything you can input is greatly appreciated!!!

Unholy
01-12-2007, 11:09 AM
Ditch the cardio and look at the WBB routines Or "Baby got Back"

Unholy
01-12-2007, 11:10 AM
And register on www.fitday.com and start tracking your cals.

Heavy Lifting + good diet will get you much farther then a mediocre routine + cardio.

Superman250
01-12-2007, 11:20 AM
Heavy Lifting + good diet will get you much farther then a mediocre routine + cardio.

I am already tracking my calories day-to-day....but how does the meal plan look? Do you think I am getting enough of everything to lose fat?

Also this may be a stupid questions but won't the cardio help me get rid of extra fat? I am more looking to trim down rather than gain mass...

Superman250
01-12-2007, 11:22 AM
Ditch the cardio and look at the WBB routines Or "Baby got Back"

Do you happen to have the links to find these routines? I tried searching but everything under the sun comes up...

Questor
01-12-2007, 11:33 AM
Do a user post search for Built. Read her sig.

If WBB was a video game, BGB is the easter egg.

Unholy
01-12-2007, 11:33 AM
Ide bump the protein to 220g and drop the carbs a tad, also a bit more fat would be better.

Mr. D
01-12-2007, 11:39 AM
Personally I would lower the carbs dramatically and up the fats. You should be eating at a minimum 97.5g of fat a day(assuming 22% bf).You should also up your protein because you are barely at the minimum required amount (1g/lbm)Even at 25%bf you are too low. I would up the protein maybe to like 250g, and thus dropping carbs again. How are the 2400 cals working for you are you losing at that weight? For someone your size it might be a bit low and you risk losing muscle too.

So with 2400 cals in mind,
250g of Protein :1000 cals
100g of Fat: 900 cals
125g of Carbs: 500 cals

You should aim for a slow weight loss, 1-2 lbs a week. If you find 2400 too low, I would add back the cals in carbs.

Superman250
01-12-2007, 11:55 AM
Personally I would lower the carbs dramatically and up the fats. You should be eating at a minimum 97.5g of fat a day(assuming 22% bf).You should also up your protein because you are barely at the minimum required amount (1g/lbm)Even at 25%bf you are too low. I would up the protein maybe to like 250g, and thus dropping carbs again. How are the 2400 cals working for you are you losing at that weight? For someone your size it might be a bit low and you risk losing muscle too.

So with 2400 cals in mind,
250g of Protein :1000 cals
100g of Fat: 900 cals
125g of Carbs: 500 cals

You should aim for a slow weight loss, 1-2 lbs a week. If you find 2400 too low, I would add back the cals in carbs.

Do you have any suggestions on what I should change/add/take away from my diet that will help me accomplish that. So far the 2400 Cals seems to be doing good and I don't feel like I am getting any weaker.

I am fairly new to watching what I eat and "counting" cals...as you can tell by my BF% :) However I am willing to do what it takes and I have actually already dropped close to 20lbs in the last 2 months, however Xmas probably didn't help else it would have been more I'm sure.

Also do you think I have realistic goals for the time period?

Thank you for you suggestions they are great!!!

EDIT: Sorry for so many questions...however if I am going to do it I want to make sure I am doing it right! :)

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
01-12-2007, 11:56 AM
Do you happen to have the links to find these routines? I tried searching but everything under the sun comes up...Baby Got Back (http://www.wannabebig.com/article.php?articleid=255)
WBB Routines (http://www.wannabebig.com/category.php?cat=4)

Mr. D
01-12-2007, 01:10 PM
If 2400 cals is working, then go with the numbers i suggested:

250g pro,125g carb,100g fat. Getting to 125g carbs might be difficult at first. Basically eat lots of veggies, lots of nuts,a piece of fruit maybe, and try to target your carbs around your workout. If you cant get the protein thru whole foods, look into protein powder like Nitrean.

Baby Got Back is a great routine.

Superman250
01-12-2007, 01:29 PM
If 2400 cals is working, then go with the numbers i suggested:

250g pro,125g carb,100g fat. Getting to 125g carbs might be difficult at first. Basically eat lots of veggies, lots of nuts,a piece of fruit maybe, and try to target your carbs around your workout. If you cant get the protein thru whole foods, look into protein powder like Nitrean.

Baby Got Back is a great routine.

Awesome! You have been a great help...if you think of anything else let me know.

Superman250
01-12-2007, 01:29 PM
Baby Got Back (http://www.wannabebig.com/article.php?articleid=255)
WBB Routines (http://www.wannabebig.com/category.php?cat=4)

Thank you!