PDA

View Full Version : Shirt training blues.

vdizenzo
01-12-2007, 09:54 PM
I had to send my shirt into the old IAD shop to get the collar sured up. Nothing major was done, but it changed my shirt just a bit. I had touched 750 easily a few weeks ago. Now with the change in the shirt my planned opener of 780 locked up on me four inches from touching. Looks like I am going to have to open heavy next week. This is not what I plan or preach, but I guess "shirt" happens. I am competing next week so I'll just have to lay it all out there.

Chubrock
01-12-2007, 10:01 PM
Haha bro, I can't say I feel TOO bad for ya. I wish I had the problem of not being able to get 780lbs to touch haha.

vdizenzo
01-12-2007, 10:27 PM
I hope my post does not seem egotistical. I just like sharing my lifting experiences. I hope other lifters can learn from them. I have been helped by so many in the sport. I just want to give back.

Believe me, years ago I never thought I would be benching what I am. My 780 not touching is relative to someone else not being able to touch 380. The experience is the same, it's just the weight that is different.

clawhammer_33
01-13-2007, 12:17 AM
dizenzo,

can you give us an overview of your training?

bloodninja
01-13-2007, 01:02 AM
I hope my post does not seem egotistical. I just like sharing my lifting experiences.

Nope, it's awesome. Having monsters like you and Wolfy around is pure motivation.

waynedang
01-13-2007, 07:14 AM
Hey Vin are in a black DD open back? I have one here I need to send to IAD and have tuned up. I mostly bench in a Titan single but need to give the denim another chance.

Good luck next week!

Wayne Prose

vdizenzo
01-13-2007, 08:45 AM
Hey Vin are in a black DD open back? I have one here I need to send to IAD and have tuned up. I mostly bench in a Titan single but need to give the denim another chance.

Good luck next week!

Wayne Prose

I am in a Double Rage X right now. It is a floppy back with a scoop neck so I wear it like a denim (yanked down low in the front). I just feel like I get more pop from the poly.