PDA

View Full Version : Day of show diet

rapidride3
01-12-2007, 11:56 PM
Just curious??? I have been reading about carb/sodium loading depletion etc. What Does a bodybuilder eat the day of his/her show. Do they consume more or less calories??? Or do they do more of a fast with high carb small meals?? Is it common to ingest small meals that are high in protein carbs and fats like 2 days before a show??? I have even heard of people eating 2-3 pieces of pizza the night before a show,,, wouldn't this cause you to hold water with all the sodium???Any general answers would be great.

FireRescue
01-13-2007, 08:21 AM
I'm not sure what the best way to go about it is, or if there is a best way since I think at that point everyone will respond a little differently, but I would suggest you experiemnt with it at least once before the day of your show. This will give you an idea of what will work best for you.

When I did my first show, although I had a lot of great people helping me at the time, none of them offered much advise of how to "peak" the day of the show. I came in looking very flat IMHO. The day after I looked so much better, fuller and bigger, and my vascularity after a little binging was insane. My legs looked like a roadmap on Monday but on the day of the show, Saturday, my vascularity sucked. I now only wish I could have been that vascualr on the day of my show.

After all the work I put into it, if someone told me to eat pizza the night before I would have blew them off like they were crazy. After having gone though it now and seeing the changes after a hearty meal or two after the show, it does not sound like such a crazy idea.

I am by no means an expert but I have been in your shoes before and this is the best advice that I can offer. I hope it helps.

rapidride3
01-13-2007, 09:07 AM
yes, i know nothing about peaking,,, i didn't know if there are alot of mrp's eaten or solid good tasting food. I do know one thing,, i have been depleted before just around the house and went and screwed up and had a couple of ''cheat" meals that day and went to bed guilty,,,,only to wake up feeling and looking REALLY good. Like i said ,,, i am a newbie,, i am wanting to get in shape once on a cut and take some photos,, just in my garage,,, however i am taking kind of serious(in a fun , challenging way) Is there a BOOK that is really good that tells about the last week before a show,, that has sod/carb depletion loading, training type, and diet all the way up to the show???????

ray34iyf
01-13-2007, 09:32 AM
Not so sure about this, but I was watching a show that had bodybuilding women on it and they ate a bunch of refined sugar before their show. Chocolate bars and sugary stuff.