http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TipiCj90Wb4

Insane

Kc

nhlfan
01-13-2007, 06:01 PM
wow, that guy did a triple backflip!

FortifiedIron
01-13-2007, 06:47 PM
Im still trying to figure out how to set up a strength and conditioning program to work for one of these freaks.

Kc

Adam
01-13-2007, 07:18 PM
Holy crap!
Thats nuts!

FortifiedIron
01-13-2007, 07:47 PM
Holy crap!
Thats nuts!

Yeah.. my thoughts exactly lol

Kc

getfit
01-13-2007, 08:40 PM
I'm in awe!

Just incredible.

FortifiedIron
01-13-2007, 08:43 PM
I believe some of these people are the most athletic in people on the planet bar none!

Kc

Sensei
01-14-2007, 05:00 AM
You really have to see them in slow motion to fully appreciate what they're doing! Amazing.

1mmort4l
01-14-2007, 06:20 AM
Damn! Makes me want to learn some of that craziness! I wonder where they start you off at..
Genetics would be key i would think...

Clifford Gillmore
01-14-2007, 06:34 AM
Anyone else laugh when they saw the McDonalds sponsoring sign?

FortifiedIron
01-14-2007, 10:26 AM
lol... yeah that was ironic.

Kc

FortifiedIron
01-14-2007, 10:31 AM
You really have to see them in slow motion to fully appreciate what they're doing! Amazing.

I did that last night.. amazing.

Kc

FortifiedIron
01-14-2007, 10:32 AM
Damn! Makes me want to learn some of that craziness! I wonder where they start you off at..

Most of those people you see in the video started tumbling and strength training drills at 5-7yrs old.

Kc

O RLY?
01-18-2007, 02:49 PM

Well, maybe I can throw in my $0.02 here. I used to be a gymnast, and a pretty damn good one too (my favorite/best things were rings and floor exercise, ie. tumbling) but not quite the level of those girls, lol. That's olympic skill level there. As was already mentioned, they start VERY young and by the time they hit late teens, usually they're done. Sounds freaky I know, but look at how tiny those girls are! The guys, while a bit older typically, aren't exactly huge by body building standards. But for raw power, pound for pound they are amazing.

So you want to learn? Well, much like weight lifting, form is everything really. You'd need a nice soft place to practice like a tumbling mat, but I learned a lot of moves on nothing but a flat bit of grass. Depends on your confidence in yourself and your spotter. Back then, none of the people I trained with really did any weightlifting. Wasn't needed honestly. Everything you do is body weight oriented. Squats work your legs wonderfully, but try doing standing back flips over and over and over. Working your arms lifting is great too, but try doing nothing but pull ups, hand springs catching your body weight, etc, etc, for hours every day. I used to do a lot of hand stand push ups back in those days, we all did. And nothing works your upper body like a set of rings. Pulling yourself up, holding your weight, swinging, so on and so forth. Flexibility is also key.

If you want to start seriously, do lots of stretching, push ups, balancing exercises (ie. hand stands). Start slowly and carefully, and it really helps to have someone that knows what they're doing to assist you. One thing that I used a LOT for training, leg strength, and all around general fun was a trampoline. They're great exercise and can get you used to doing flips (both single and the multiple variety) and such whilst providing a nice soft landing area, provided you don't nail yourself on the metal frame (ouch). Also remember that your body tends to follow your head and eyes. Remember that if you decide to do something crazy like attempt a back flip or something. If you don't throw your head back but instead keep your eyes forward, you'll just land on your neck. That's not fun. Oh, and remember that tucking is key for flips. The tighter you tuck, the faster your rotation. Hence the reason you see a lot of the girls in that video tucking up so much that their legs spread open instead staying together in a ball so they can get thier head in tighter. Best not to try this stuff without help or a very soft place to land, because you'll land on your butt quite a bit at first I promise you.

Also as an interesting aside, since so few of you will get this experience first hand I figured I'd share this with you because it's kinda neat... Ever see a video of someone wearing a helmet camera or something doing backward hand springs (like what the girls in that video did quite a bit of)? It's one smooth continuous shot, over and over the video goes. When you actually do it yourself, it doesn't look like that at all. I guess it's the fast whipping back motion of your head, but...well try this... Stand up and look straight and level ahead. Tilt your head up about 45 degrees. When you go over backwards, this is about where your vision stops. It's wierd, but it's a blur, almost like a split second black out or something. The next clear image you have really is looking straight down at the mat with your hands (hopefully) shooting down to stop that ground rushing up at you. Weird huh?

stepto180
01-18-2007, 03:55 PM
that is one sick video....since when did they start doing 2 continuous tumbling passes one each way...thats what most impresses me ...I was also a gymnast for many year and just putting in 3 tumbling passes killed me

and as stated before this is where i got alot of my base strength I didnt lift untill my later years of gymnastics and was already very strong from doing gymnsatics bars are and total body workout(almost)
the only thing we did strength wise was thing like conditioning basicly like jumping on squishy mats or handstand shoulder taps or bw calf raises