PDA

View Full Version : mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!! Totonka!

BostonBull
01-16-2007, 04:21 PM
Not sure if it has been discussed before or not, but I just bought some Buffalo burger...mmmmm tasty. I grew up next to a Buffalo farm and havent had it in a few years, I forgot how good it is....and I believe it is the Healthiest of all meats and poultry. I could be wrong on that but I think I remember hearing this.
Add some baked beans and...Heaven! :bow:

Beast
01-16-2007, 06:03 PM
Buffalo burgers are a lot tastier than beef burgers. I think buffalo meat has less saturated fat than bovine meat, too.

Stumprrp
01-16-2007, 06:12 PM
lmfao @ totonka i loved that movie.

buffalo is real tasty!

Mad Martigan
01-16-2007, 08:22 PM
I don't want to support Ted Turner in any way. I would have to make sure it wasn't from his herd. :)

malkore
01-17-2007, 12:02 PM
I don't want to support Ted Turner in any way. I would have to make sure it wasn't from his herd. :)

Want to hear something weird? I've been on Ted's buffalo ranch in Nebraska, and at the time met his wife Jane Fonda...I delivered all their kitchen appliances, tv, VCR and a rug from my parents store.

Buffalo is good stuff, and yes it is both leaner, and less saturated fat than the most diet lean beef you can find.

its also not 'gamey' like venison, elk or moose.

Talking_God
01-20-2007, 08:22 AM
MMMmm..That is a tasty burger!

Seriously though, buffalo's great, and like everyone said, much leaner than cow.

On a less serious note, i hope at least one other person gets my pulp fiction allusion lol

VikingWarlord
01-21-2007, 07:20 PM
Interesting this thread is here now. Just last night, a friend and I were looking at the stuff on elkusa.com and have decided that we're going to go in together and get an assload of elk and buffalo burgers for our first barbecue of the spring.

Is there much difference in the preparation methods between that sort of game and beef if one were to get a roast or back ribs or something?

malkore
01-22-2007, 12:27 PM
i do NOT recommend elk burgers. had them once, and not only was it a little gamey, both me and the wife got sick from it.

buffalo tastes like really lean beef...almost too lean. a little worchestershire sauce in the burgers when making patties helps.

jamrock
01-28-2007, 02:05 PM
Damn, that **** is expensive..

esailor
01-28-2007, 04:57 PM
I got the Pulp Fiction line, I just watched it last week.:hump:

Pete

BostonBull
01-29-2007, 04:56 AM
Damn, that **** is expensive..

WHats the price by you? By me it is only 4.99-5.99/lb. Not much more tha good quality sirloin hamburger