PDA

View Full Version : hows my diet?

KevBren420
01-16-2007, 06:23 PM
well this is my official noob post. Im 5-9, 165 lbs, 16yrs old. Dont know how good my diet is but i try to eat healthy so ill see what you guys think. Lunch is only from school days....it varies on the weekends

breakfast-
old fashioned oatmeal, cereal(cheerios, rice krispies, etc), or very occasionally eggs with some kind of meat
orange juice

lunch-
banana, grapes or some kind of fruit
oatmeal raisin bar
string cheese
chicken sandwich w/ mayo on 12 grain bread

dinner-
usually some kind of chicken, or beef kind of dinner that my mom would make. Steak and roast beef are common too. always vegetables too

before bed-
cereal or fruit or pb&j w/ grape jelly and natural pb

and during the day i might snack on nuts or fruit or something like that. I drink close to a gallon of water a day and 2 galses of milk. I stay away from iced tea and lemonade and stuff like that. also my diet isnt really strict. being 16 thats hard to do but its alot better than any of my friends. and as far as lifting goes im at the gym 3 days a week, and am trying to get pretty big, but still have some definition. like in the middle.

ArchAngel777
01-16-2007, 08:30 PM
Not bad for the average 16 year old today... Some things could be tweaked, but I wouldn't really recomend it at this point. You are still young, get those extra calories in :D

KevBren420
01-17-2007, 08:29 PM
so you think i need more calories, or could use less. I would like to lose a little fat, what would you tweak for that?

ray34iyf
01-18-2007, 04:35 PM
It really depends on what you want to do first...
Get big or lose fat. If you want to lose the fat, you need to be in caloric deficit. If you are maintaining where you're at, cut out a few items of you diet. About 400 or so cals I'd say. If you want to get big, you need to eat big. Plain and simple. It might be a good idea to put that diet of yours into fitday.com to get a rough estimate of what it contains..cals/protein and such.