PDA

View Full Version : Extreme Weight Cutting

vrizzle
01-16-2007, 07:53 PM
I currently weigh about 140 and i need to weigh 129.0 or under for varsity and going to state (i wouldnt cut the weight if i didn't feel it was important). Right now my diet consists of: Early morning - multi vitamin, protein shake, bowl of Total cereal. Core excercise workout (1 or 2 exercises) then lunch - small salad maybe w/ some tuna, protein shake. mid afternoon - protein or power bar. Auxillary workout (5 -7 excercises) then sometimes a protein shake after workout. Dinner - 4oz of fish or chicken and a maybe a vegetable.

That's my diet for my workout days Mon - Fri, weekends are a killer but im mostly good.

Is this diet correct? I have to lose the weight over the next 5 weeks from this post. Please help!!!:help: (i do bench + C+J for competition if that helps)

Built
01-16-2007, 07:58 PM
Post your diet macros.

Also, read Get Built (http://www.wannabebig.com/article.php?articleid=288) - I just helped bearwolf make weight for a contest.

vrizzle
01-17-2007, 08:25 PM
thanx ill try that out, but 4 my eating habits u mean what i ate everyday, like a log of my diet?

ADT
01-18-2007, 11:40 AM
First, the good news:

1) Eleven (11-15) pounds in 5 weeks should not be that difficult to get rid of. (Relatively speaking...)

2) You will need to weigh a little under 129 to account for any water storage that may occur at your weigh in. (Even the extra few pounds shouldn't be that difficult.)

3) You have enough time where you (hopefully) can cut correctly and retain lean body muscle mass.

4) You are already a wrestler and know the game of losing weight to meet a goal.

Now the bad news:

1) We need to know everything you eat. Everything - yes even to the amount of fruit, nuts or vegetables you eat. (For instance, 5 oz of peanuts, half a cup of Fiber One, one cup of milk, etc.) Be specific.

2) You have to expect that in five weeks you will have cravings.

3) Measure everything. We do not know how much Total cereal fits into one of your bowls.

4) Believe it or not, you may not be eating enough - and we'll tell you to eat more. Many (not all) wrestler's metabolism has decreased because they eat too few calories.

5) We (this website and its members) are very specific about which foods are good or bad for you. This may impact your grocery list.

Let us know the details - and we would love to help.

Best,
Andrew

vrizzle
01-18-2007, 05:57 PM
ok.
today - 6:30 - whey protein shake 20g (pro.) low fat sug n carbs, 1 cup total cereal

workout - 10:30

lunch - 11:30 - a cup n a half maybe 2 of salad, half an apple

afternoon - 4:30 - protein bar 30g protein low sug fat n carbs, fruit smoothie 20oz (strayberry, mangosteen, passion fruit, more whey protein 10 - 15g)

now - 8:00 - 5oz tilapia fish grilled (george foreman is a genius (eventhough he didn't make it)), small sweet potato im guessing only a few ounces (not more than 4 or 5, 12oz milk 2%...

vrizzle
01-18-2007, 06:09 PM
thanx for the help. Ive seen the craziest things happen when it comes to cutting weight. i saw one kid lose 15 lbs in 4 days, for a total of 20 in 7 days. he made weight which was incredible, but he bombed out (got none of his lifts in the C+J). I dont want my bench to go down, cause thats what happens when you starve yourself and are dehydrated, my C+J should stay about the same. After weigh-ins i have 2 hrs, 1 if its just a regular meet. what should i eat after i weigh in? (btw im in weightlifing, its a mix of power n olympic (bench n C+J))

vrizzle
01-19-2007, 06:19 PM
today - 6:30 - whey protein shake 20g (pro.) low fat sug n carbs, 1 cup total cereal

lunch - 11:30 - zilch

afternoon - 4:30 - zilch

now - 8:00 - 7oz tilapia fish grilled, small sweet potato im guessing only a few ounces (not more than 4 or 5), 12oz whole milk, a medium large salad (only romaine lettuce)

Superman250
01-19-2007, 07:55 PM

lunch - 11:30 - zilch

afternoon - 4:30 - zilch

now - 8:00 - 7oz tilapia fish grilled, small sweet potato im guessing only a few ounces (not more than 4 or 5), 12oz whole milk, a medium large salad (only romaine lettuce)

You didn't eat for almost 10 hours? I would assume that might be a big problem with cutting because anything I have heard or read basically will tell you that not eatting will actually slow down your weight loss. I could be wrong but I would start eatting during the day...even if its just snacks to keep up your metabolism through out the day!

Unholy
01-19-2007, 08:57 PM
my friend weighs 125ish lbs and wrestled at 103 or 108 for 3 years. Cutting weight blows.

vrizzle
01-20-2007, 11:24 AM
if u cant tell im still in school, i forgot to bring my lunch, and i wasnt about to eat the crap they sell at school b/c NONE of its healthy... NONE. if theres a suggested diet anyone wants to toss at me ill be willing to try it out. I still have 3 weeks until i want to make weight (its like a fundraiser mini-scrimmage type of thing, i want to see if i can make weight at all or come even close AND see how well i lift), and 4.5 until i have to make weight (intersquad - the team vs itself where we see who makes varsity. If a make weight i know ill be top varsity (2 people per weightclass) its just will i make weight.)

vrizzle
01-20-2007, 06:54 PM
lets see, since its sat. no workout.

12:30 - 1.5 cups of special K red berry cereal w/ 2% milk (16oz)

5:30 - 2 triple threat bars w/ 20oz 2% milk

6:00 - 2servings of metamucil (orange flavor) (kinda tasty)

8:45 - 5oz beef tenderloin (good stuff (didn't eat the bacon)), 12oz ORANGE JUICE

vrizzle
01-21-2007, 05:36 PM
9:30 - 1.5 cups special K red berry cereal w/ 2% milk (12 oz)

2:15 - 6oz steak, small sweet potato, 16oz orange juice

7:30 - 6oz steak, 10oz orange juice

chopstickZ
01-21-2007, 05:40 PM
post some numbers =]

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
01-21-2007, 05:41 PM
You're barely eating, your diet sucks, you're lacking a LOT of nutrients, and you should eat fruit, not drink it. And your meals are way too far apart. Is this the "fun way for my body to canabalize my own muscle" diet?

What's the breakdown of your macros? (grams of protein, carbs, fat, and total calories)

vrizzle
01-22-2007, 06:39 PM
ok i get it my diet sucks but i knew my diet was going to prolly suck in the first place. thats why i asked for a SUGGESTED diet AND WHAT AND WHEN I should eat, not, to what degree my diet sucks

ill post my macros

vrizzle
01-22-2007, 06:47 PM
o ya n how much more body fat could i possibly lose seeing as how its 7-9% just my changing my diet, and shoud i do cardio, and if i should what should it be. I know it cant be long distance b/c my coach says it takes from our squat and explosiveness.

shootermcgavin7
01-22-2007, 06:51 PM
my friend weighs 125ish lbs and wrestled at 103 or 108 for 3 years. Cutting weight blows.

I wrestled 125 in high school and I'm about 215 now.

Same numbers, just in a different order.

vrizzle
01-22-2007, 06:52 PM
6:45 - 1.5 cups special K red berry cereal w/ 2% milk (12 oz)

3:15 - dos enchiladas (basically 2 large chicken enchiladas from tijuana flatts (restaurant) thats high in fat)

8:30 - orange

I know 2day was REALLY bad but i was really hungry after school and i just wasn't hungry later. ill post macros after today

vrizzle
01-22-2007, 06:54 PM
and i wont eat like that again... EVER

vrizzle
01-23-2007, 08:23 PM
i dont feel like posting macros right now, but...

6:45 - 1.5 cups special K red berry cereal w/ 2% milk (12 oz) and protein shake w/ 20g protein

12:30 - pretty much i tried to get healthy snacks at school and i ended up w/ 80 carbs, 9g fat, 5g protein.

5:30 - 6oz beef tenderloin, 3servings of metamucil=9g dietary fiber, 6g soluable (however u spellit), and 36g carb, im guessing 10 oz spaghetti, and protein shake 20g protein

hottytoddychick
01-24-2007, 01:47 PM
You aren't getting any help because you aren't posting what people are asking for. Go to fitday.com log your food, add it custom is you have to, and post that. It does all the counting for you. Couldn't be easier. I'll tell you right now, you need to eat more often. I know you said you were in school... there are awesome tuna pouches, pre drained, you could throw one of those in your book bag and eat it at some point during the day. Pack plain chicken breasts in baggies in a lunch box or find some other way to keep them cool during the day and snack on them when you get the chance. Throw a baggie of nuts in your book bag and snack on them. By spacing your meals out so far, you're essentially telling your body to hold on to as much fat as it can because it doesn't know when it will be fed again. Skipping meals really doesn't help. The school is bound to have a salad bar, right? Just go light on the dressing.

As a general idea, I've been told that people should be able to tell you that you eat all the time, but not necessarily that you eat a lot of food.

Hope some of those ideas are helpful!

vrizzle
01-26-2007, 02:08 PM
im now doing what you said im eating nuts, fush, tuna, chicken, tortillas w/ a thin layer of healthy peanut butter all day long. do u guys know anything high in fiber cause my craps have been rough. o dont think im going to post what i eat everyday anymore ill just stick to eating often, light, and healthy. BUT i will be back to post my current weight and when it comes to crunch time as far as the whole drink-water-and-salt-then-stop routine thanks for the help

vrizzle
01-26-2007, 02:09 PM
metamucil just aint doin the job

vrizzle
02-01-2007, 09:14 PM
im feeling light, lets see how much i weigh tomorrow.

vrizzle
02-02-2007, 02:59 PM
wow i still feel good and today I weighed 138.3 woohoo. If I can get down to about 136, then I think I can lose the rest through my bowels, and water weight. am I correct?

vrizzle
02-03-2007, 11:12 AM
well next monday, not the upcoming one, is penny a pound, where i would like to weight under 129 to see how i do and to see if i can even cut the weight. sOoOoOoOo if you're there Built, i was wondering if you'd like to be a pal and help a fellow lifter out.

booyah
02-05-2007, 07:59 PM
when are you weighing yourself?

vrizzle
02-05-2007, 08:17 PM
about noonish on monday is the weigh in. but im weighing myself at about right after i work out. I know that would mean i weigh less, but i drink a lot of water during

booyah
02-05-2007, 11:05 PM
okay...well you can take that into consideration I think. if you have a scale at home you can try weighing yourself after you pee/poo in the morning. for me I am about 5 lbs lighter then, then say after my workouts with water in me.

good luck

02-05-2007, 11:53 PM
wednesday, thursday friday and satuday drink way more water then you usually drink (about 2 gallons a day) then on sunday cut your water back to conly about 1 to 1.5 liters in the whole day monday dont drink any unitll after you weigh in

cut out all sodium saturday and sunday

friday saturday and sunday take 2,3or 4 99mg tablets of potassium a meal respectively (2 each meal fri 3 sat .....)

Potassium works with sodium to regulate the body’s water balance. It also helps attract nutrients into cells and is required for carbohydrate and protein metabolism. Potassium Gluconate or Potassium Citrate are the best forms

vrizzle
02-06-2007, 08:25 PM
thanx for the help i'll definitely try that out.

vrizzle
02-09-2007, 02:04 PM
Whoa lots of water, i had to go relieve myself about, no joking, 10 - 11 times at school 2day, it was rediculous. i weighed 139.4, but i had been drinking a ridiculous amount of water so, i guess thats ok. ive already eaten one but im gonna have another and some chicken, i also ate bunch of beef jerky, FULL OF SODIUM!!!!

vrizzle
02-11-2007, 01:02 PM
I WANT FOOD!!!!!! yesterday was a BAAAD day for me. I had to do this science project that was outdoors ALL DAY (7:30 - 3) and I was sooooo hungry. As I was driving home chik-fil-a BECKONED ME. I ate 3 chicken sandwiches in the space of 7 min. I enjoyed every second of it. This morning 10:30ish I drank 8oz of water + a multi vitamin. since then ive been eating sugar free jolly ranchers. I hope thats ok but i need SOMETHING to keep me going. i want water pretty bad right now but im not going psycho... yet.

vrizzle
02-11-2007, 01:03 PM
o ya n according to my scale i weigh 132ish. but my scale isnt that accurate sooo i dunno

vrizzle
02-11-2007, 01:07 PM
1 more thing- can i eat anything, if so, tell me what

vrizzle
02-12-2007, 06:46 PM
well, today was interesting, I officially weighed 131.0, not bad. this was only a test run, i still would have had to have lost 2 pounds. those burgers minus the water should have put me under, and everything would have been great. i did ok @ the meet. i stuffed my face after weighing in. nuthing much else to say...

vrizzle
02-22-2007, 09:49 PM
wow it seems like i havent updated in forever. I MADE WEIGHT!!!!!!!!!!! i weighed 128.9. that last day b4 the meet was the most miserable day of my life. but now im on varsity so its all worth it... or is it? it was and i totaled 395, not much, but i still really can't go all out due to my previous knee injury so its all good.