PDA

View Full Version : (breakfast) protein on the go

zen
01-17-2007, 06:45 AM
In the mornings, I hate to stop for 2 seconds in order to prepare something. I'm always flyin' out the door.
So most mornings, I don't eat anything, but here's what is worse, sometimes I think I need protein so I'll stop and pick up a sausage&cheese croisandwich or mcgriddle.... and then I'll feel like an ******* for the rest of the morning for eating crap like that. lol

So, I have two questions:

What's a good quick grab-and-go protein source?

Am I errant in my desire to get a hit of protein in the morning?

I just feel like, it's been over 12 hours since I ate last, and I am hurting myself if I don't get something. I am not bulking, but I do worry about protien availability.

Unreal
01-17-2007, 07:17 AM
Homemade protein bars, cottage cheese, a shake, or jerky.

Deuce
01-17-2007, 10:09 AM
I like to hard boil a bunch of eggs and just store them in the fridge. In the morning I just grab a couple and peel them and eat them on the way to class.

smokinHawk
01-17-2007, 10:41 AM
just buy some protein bars.
i get cheap ones at walmart 20-30grams of protein.

usually in the morning i just have a helping of nitrean protein shake.

Mad Martigan
01-17-2007, 10:19 PM
Walmart has Metrx bars with ~30 grams of protein for 1.17.

NewTriathlete
01-18-2007, 12:05 AM
I make myself a batch of Breakfast Burritos once a week with Turkey Meat, Egg/Egg Whites Mix, Onions, Peppers, lowfat cheese, and Salsa that works about to be around 500 calories with 50 grams of protien, then in the AM I slap one in the oven, hop in the shower, and its warmed up by the time I'm out.

Simon96Taco
01-18-2007, 12:44 AM
I make myself a batch of Breakfast Burritos once a week with Turkey Meat, Egg/Egg Whites Mix, Onions, Peppers, lowfat cheese, and Salsa

Sounds delicious! Care to share the recipe?

bplugge1
01-18-2007, 12:50 AM
protein bars are a good source...but dont taste all that great...if you ask me

FireRescue
01-18-2007, 07:55 AM
Walmart has Metrx bars with ~30 grams of protein for 1.17.

I didn't see any decent protein bars last time I was at Wally World. I will have check them out next time I am there.

Holto
01-18-2007, 11:40 AM
A protein bar is not a healthy breakfast unless you make it yourself.

Another solution is to grind some oats and mix it into some chocolate whey. You could mix the whole thing the night before and just grab it and go.

zen
01-18-2007, 12:18 PM
I make myself a batch of Breakfast Burritos once a week with Turkey Meat, Egg/Egg Whites Mix, Onions, Peppers, lowfat cheese, and Salsa that works about to be around 500 calories with 50 grams of protien, then in the AM I slap one in the oven, hop in the shower, and its warmed up by the time I'm out.

You know, the more I think about it, the more I really like that idea.
You are right, all you gotta do is warm it up whilst you are going through your morning routine, and then grab it on the go. Noice!!
What is more, you can make a batch of them once a week, for example, leave a few in the frige, and freeze the rest. Then, all you gotta do is remember to pull one each day from the freezer so it has a day to thaw in the frige.
PLUS, the great thing about burritos is you can stick nearly anything in them. LOL, lots of room from variety and experimentation.

Thanx Triathlete

O RLY?
01-18-2007, 12:35 PM
I usually get up at the last possible second in the morning, hahaha. So unless I prepare something the night before what I like to do is mix a scoop of protien powder with a Carnation Instant Breakfast in a nice tall glass of milk. Yummy! :)

Lones Green
01-18-2007, 01:31 PM
the amazing protein bars in the recipe section. i always have a batch of these in the fridge, they are great to just pick up on the go, and eat while you are driving.

Levantar
01-19-2007, 02:25 AM
it's better to have the mcdonalds breakfast than nothing at all (if your bulking) but of course there are better choices. Try mixing some powdered milk and Nitrean together with peanut butter....it makes a great protein bar. Any fruit you can grab and go with as well like a banana or apple. I like to have a cold breakfast so usually i just make a Nitrean shake and use it to pound all the pills I have to take everyday ya know!