PDA

View Full Version : Winter Cut in Progress, Need Help!

LibertyDante
01-17-2007, 10:36 AM
Okay, Well, I'm 21 years old, 192lbs, and I don't have a good idea on bodyfat. I have been training hard now for just over a year with about 4 years of weightlifting experience all together. My original plan was to bulk to around 210lbs but I changed my mind and decided to cut down to 180lbs and then do a slow bulk back up.
I took pictures back in October and I don't think I have changed that much as far as apperance goes. I finally hit 300+ on the deadlift this week and I am very excited. My question to you guys is what do you suggest I do as far as bulking/cutting goes cause I know most people say to bulk until you are quite fat then cut. I'm using WBB 1 routine right now and trying to get a solid diet in line. Any other suggestions or comments would be appeciated.

Here is a link to October's pictures. http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=86996

My goal is to become a amatuer bodybuilder within 2-4 years where I could compete at some local shows and stand well. I know this is quite a hard goal to reach but I am very dedicated. Only thing I am unsure of is if my build is good enough. Any idea what BF I am? I thought I was 15% or so, but I could be way off.

Jordanbcool
01-17-2007, 10:50 AM
Ok. Theres alot of things to respond to so I will list them.

1. Work on posing. I think you have a much better lat spread then that picture gives you credit for. I also had alot of trouble doing a complete lat spread. Watch a video of a pro bodybuilder. They place their thumbs at the waist and completely spread their "wings". Try to make your elbows act as arms and pretend you are hugging a tree. Also, lean back alot more you are hunched over.

It def. takes practice but it'll come with time. You should work on posing anyways if you plan on competing.

2. I agree with your 15% estimate. That sounds about right.

3. You've gained some muscle but not much (no offense!). I would do a clean bulk before I worried about cutting. You aren't fat at all, just not lean. Read around for bulking advice about diet/training etc. It will get you on the right track.

To be honest. It took me about a year of trial and error before I learned what things to do and what not to do. It also cost me hundreds of dollars in wasted supplement money. Just give it time. You will learn very quickly if you know where to look.

Good luck!!:strong:

Gabrielle
01-17-2007, 03:15 PM
I would cut down if I were you. Get lean so you can tell what your weak points are. Then learn to bulk a little cleaner and make weight goals. Just take it 1 step at a time.

Bob
01-18-2007, 02:09 PM
No offense dude.. but I see no reason to cut. I don't agree with gabrielle on seeing your weaknesses by losing BF.. You need more mass. 20-30lbs of lbm would be a big benefit. You see your weaknesses much better when you have some mass on you.

You could actually add that lbm while loosing bf%. Eat clean, eat a lot and lift heavy.

GL.

Shark
01-19-2007, 09:19 PM
I would recomp or cut... probably cut given that recomp can be really difficult. Get down to 10% and then never get back up above 15 again. You're higher then 15% right now IMO, maybe closer to 17 or so.

wannab250
01-20-2007, 05:12 PM
i'd have to agree with 17% bf.. keep at it results will come if deticated