PDA

View Full Version : Very Stupid Question

LibertyDante
01-17-2007, 01:04 PM
Okay, I'm trying to eat more egg whites but just seem to have a problem cooking them correctly. I just PAM spray the pan and throw 2-3 eggs on there. But usually there's a coat of film that develops around the edges of the eggs and it taste's really bad. I don't know how I am messing this up, lol, but could someone tell me step by step how to make scrambled eggs and regular over easy eggs without messing up.

isosceles
01-17-2007, 01:19 PM
I've only ever made scrambled eggs... I throw a TINY bit of butter replacement on the pan before, let it melt, throw on the eggs... Mess them up with a wood spoon and just keep "stirring" them or whatever until its done.

zen
01-17-2007, 01:34 PM
I have tried PAM, vegetable oil, and olive oil, but for some reason, nothing cooks eggs as nicely as butter/margarine. :( Specially when it comes to sticking. I have noticed that pam can taste funny.... almost chemical.

The main thing about eggs is not to have the heat up to high. You want the white to solidify without overcooking. If you see browning around the edges, you probably need to use less heat (unless you like it that way).
If you are only using whites, then "over-easy" isn't any kind of trick at all. Just make sure your temp isn't too high, and after you have it cooked almost all the way through, give it a flip and then take it off the pan or skillet after about 10 seconds.

stepto180
01-17-2007, 05:46 PM
make sure you heat the pan up before you put the eggs in it and use a high heat you can really cook them in about 30 secs if you do it correctly

Questor
01-17-2007, 06:07 PM
With enough salt, anything can taste good. :)

J/k.

I pour an egg and multiple egg whiltes in a bowl and fry that on a medium heat with a canola oil spray. Mild salt and pepper. After flipping it once or twice, I poke the yoke a bit just to let a little bit out. Then I fry the hole closed and bring it to my plate. I lance the yoke and spread it out over the rest.

Cholesterol, calories, saturated fat,... whatever. lol. Just don't do it everyday.

malkore
01-18-2007, 11:12 AM
maybe too much Pam?
try a sprayable Olive oil...or just a little olive oil instead of Pam