PDA

View Full Version : Anyone use this chicken?

beachmuscles
01-17-2007, 06:38 PM
http://www.perdue.com/files/829_10.jpg

Just a few questions...What is the extra little piece that is connected to it? Is this fine to eat? Is it more fatty? It always seems more soft then the rest of the breast, after its fully cooked in the oven. I usually take them off when I eat them, then at the end of the week i throw all those little 0.5-1oz little pieces in a wrap.

stepto180
01-17-2007, 06:42 PM
I dont use this kind but recently I have had a hard time finding chicken breasts with out rib meat connected to it which it seems like what you are talking about.....its fine to eat the only thing i cut out is the little white thing that runs thru it sometimes cuz it gets tough when you cook it

beachmuscles
01-17-2007, 07:09 PM
I dont use this kind but recently I have had a hard time finding chicken breasts with out rib meat connected to it which it seems like what you are talking about.....its fine to eat the only thing i cut out is the little white thing that runs thru it sometimes cuz it gets tough when you cook it

Ok is this "rib meat" unhealthy? Because I just made a wrap with 5 oz of it.

stepto180
01-17-2007, 10:47 PM
naw chicken in gerneral is low in fat its fine eat it up...just cut of the obvious fat

Hardwareman
01-18-2007, 12:12 AM
Those look good to me. Low fat & high protein. Looking into some new recipes for chicken right now.

Allen

krboyd7
01-18-2007, 02:15 AM
[QUOTEWhat is the extra little piece that is connected to it? Is this fine to eat? Is it more fatty?[/QUOTE]

Hey do you mean the goujon fillet strip?
The fat content is no higher than the breast and you should eat this.
Get the protein into ya.

Good idea keeping them for a wrap.