PDA

View Full Version : snack food

codei
02-14-2002, 06:51 PM
what can i eat for a snack while on a ckd diet? im craving sweets but cant afford to keep buying $2 protein bars. i did see one that had 20g of carbs but it was sugar alcohol.. is that ok?

The_Chicken_Daddy
02-15-2002, 05:19 AM
nuts man.

Tryska
02-15-2002, 05:21 AM
sugar free jello with whipped cream topping (the real kind not cool whip or redi-whip or whatever - homemade).

i think that's what lyle relied on, no?

CBates
02-15-2002, 06:18 AM
What somebody suggested to me, haven't tried it yet, but use sugar free pudding mix, water, some cottage cheese to make it thick, and add protein powder if you want. Like I said, haven't tried it, so I don't know what it's going to taste like with water and cottage cheese, but they said it was good..

aeckhardt
02-15-2002, 07:10 AM
Cottage Cheese has too many carbs. Eat beef jerky and um, ah, er, protein shakes. The bars will work, but for some it will kick them out of ketosis.

When doing a CKD, eating every 2-3 hours is not as important so skip the snacks.

CBates
02-15-2002, 10:21 AM
But he said for sweets, so I don't think beef jerky would cut that. Also when making a batch, you only put like 1/2 a cup of cottage cheese in the whole batch, which makes 4 servings I think. So that is only 1 carb per serving. Don't exactly remember how many carbs sugar free pudding mix has in it, but I think it's around 4-6 carbs. So if he just ate 1 serving to crave his sweet tooth, that would only be around 5 or 6 carbs. I don't know that much about a CKD diet, but is 5 or 6 carbs too much? If that is too much, then do what tryska suggests to crave your sweet tooth, that's what I do when I'm cutting and don't want to eat sugar.

codei
02-15-2002, 11:14 AM
i found some sugar free jello stuff but it said to add milk so i didnt bother with that. maybe ill try the water and protein mix idea.
im drinking a gallon+ of water a day and eating a decent helping of protein at least every 2-3 hours and still dropping mad weight. ive been on this diet since sunday, i was 173 then, this morning i weighed at 166

Tryska
02-15-2002, 11:16 AM
not the pudding. the jello.

QuadzillaRF
02-16-2002, 11:32 AM
I use sweet and low on my oatmeal every morning to make it taste sweeter. Is Sweet and Low bad for bodybuilding puposes? Some people tell me that it can cause cancer in some individuals.

codei
02-16-2002, 02:45 PM
blown way out of proportion, you'd need to eat like 10 lbs a day for a while before you needed to worry about cancer.

Budiak
02-16-2002, 11:11 PM
Word! Sugar free jello= BOOOMB diggity, homes.
Throw some fresh homemade whipped cream in there and its like POW!

Also, fried baby is surprisingly sweet, as long as you stay away from the middle eastern and african baby types, far too savory and salty to satisfy a sweet tooth. East asian babies are much sweeter.

Nuts are good, too.