PDA

View Full Version : average chicken breast?

yankeekd25
01-18-2007, 01:21 PM
would anyone happen to know how many ounces the average chicken breast is..... i bought a whole chicken breast and basically ate every last piece of meat on the bone, and i just wanna plug it into fitday but im not sure how many ounces there were.

WildJames
01-18-2007, 01:35 PM
would anyone happen to know how many ounces the average chicken breast is..... i bought a whole chicken breast and basically ate every last piece of meat on the bone, and i just wanna plug it into fitday but im not sure how many ounces there were.

That is an impossible question to answer almost, lol. There are so many different sizes of chicken breasts. An average piece you would buy in a 3-4 pack fresh at the supermarket is around 5 ounces. However, the Tyson frozen chicken breasts are about 10 ounces, so it really depends.

yankeekd25
01-18-2007, 01:37 PM
at my supermarket's deli,... they sell whole chicken breasts. its not like frozen uncooked chicken breasts. its a cooked big chicken breast. idk if that helps.. but any help u can give me is helpful.

ddegroff
01-18-2007, 01:38 PM

A whole chicken or a chicken breast.

it sounds like you got a whole chicken. The ones I buy i usually say half is meat half is the other crap (bones etc.) The are usually 24oz total, so I put it in as 12oz.

Chicken breasts are anywhere from 4-10oz.

You need a food scale, stat!

Bicster
01-18-2007, 02:16 PM
Your average skinless boneless breast is 8oz. One serving size is around 4oz.

Alex.V
01-18-2007, 02:22 PM
A three pack (as you find in a lot of grocery stores around here) are usually 1.5 to 1.6 pounds, which does in fact mean each one is around 8 ounces.

ArchAngel777
01-18-2007, 02:36 PM
7oz - 9oz is the most common that I have seen. Sometimes you will get a really sall one that is like 5 or something, but that is rare.

Unreal
01-18-2007, 03:39 PM
I've had them anywhere from 4 to 9oz after cooking.