PDA

View Full Version : What a "Hardgainer" eats by Bob

Stumprrp
01-19-2007, 01:43 PM
Ok, first off this is ment for the people that cannot put on weight and refuse to listen to the meal plan by JM Blakey, so i will explain what you need to do to get big.

Im sick of getting the stupid complaints from people that they cannot eat enough, when i reccomend stuff like adding ice cream to shakes and eating pizza people just ignore my thoughts and continue to feed there 100 lb bag of bones with chicken salads.

Listen, if you cant take the time to prepare WHOLESOME CALORIE DENSE meals then your not going anywhere, bottom line, im NOT a hardgainer and when i was bulking i was eating double breakfast, double dinner, eating out all the time, snacks, 1400 calorie shakes, and guess what, i went from 18%-20% and gained almost 30lbs of weight, probley 20 lbs of muscle.

Shakes

Shakes, a great way to satisfy yourself and get in MEGA high calories along with a ton of nutrients.

What to use in your shakes
MILK, if your not using milk its because your lactose intolerant, if you arent lactose intolerate start loving it, preferbly whole for the added calories.

A solid protien powder, i love nitrean and opticen from at large, PERFECT blend of egg casein and whey protiens.

Peanut butter, this is extremely tasty and full of healthy fats, use at least 2 TBPS in your shakes.

Dextrose/Oats, use this for your carbs, i personally just throw in instant oatmeal and it mixes well in the blender, use alot. dont get fancy with numbers.

Bananas/Berrys, use these for some essential vitamins and more carbs, so your shake is a balance of simple and complex carbs to fuel you, i use 1 banana and a handful of blueberrys

Shake extras for more calories
Powderd milk, just throw in some for more good protien and taste, enough for 8-16 grams of protien

Olive Oil, FULL of fat and calories, add in a few TBPS

Icecream, throw in a cup or so for really awesome flavor and more calories but dont go out of hand with this.

So now you have the best ingredients to make a fantastic shake, there is a few ways you can do things here, you can make it all at once and drink throughout the day or make them at your meals, your choice, heres what i personally make post workout but you can do what you please.

-20oz milk
-1 packet oatmeal
-1 banana
-handful blueberrys
-2tbps peanut butter
-2 scoops nitrean

look, we have almost 1000 calories of pure goodness here folks, tons of protien fat and carbs too, DRINK UP.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Some great easy high calorie meals

Breakfast

Eggs in my opinion are a great source of calories fat and protien if you are not prone to cholestoral problems, if you notice even when making 6 scrambled eggs its STILL not alot, also factor in eggs are cheap as hell! START FRYING

-8 whole eggs
-4oz american cheese

just from that alone your getting over 900 calories and its easy as heck to eat, but wait! we arent done...

Oatmeal is very satisfing and tastes great, take 1-2 cups, add some splenda, cinnamon, bananas, and blueberrys, another good 4-500 calories.

look at this, your getting pretty full since you have ate almost 1400 calories from 2 simple items to make, and about 60ish grams of high quality protien.

...but now you need to wash it all down with a glass of milk, you just had a 1500 calorie breakfast.

Lunch

There is nothing fancy about lunch, make a shake, pack a few peanut butter sandwhiches, call it a day.

Dinner
1lb of red meat
1lb of chicken
1lb of fish
1lb of pork
1lb of veal

pick your choice, 1 lb is not alot of meat for most men.

top that with some sweet potato SLAUGTERD in butter, some fresh vegys, and another glass of milk..

Best snacking items
We want calories, not an apple, so start snacking on calorie dense items such as peanuts, almonds, whole fat cottege cheese, peanut butter, or better yet, a shake or peanut butter sandwhich, just adding a few of these buggers will get you alot of calories per sandwhich and its good for you to boot

Dont forget to eat your vegys as they have alot of benefits to the body, and will help you poop all of this food out, if anyone disagrees with what i posted here, just tell me, im just explaining some stuff that has worked for me and to show that you dont need to get junk to get EASILY over 5,000 calories in your diet, and to get big, not 1lb every 2 weeks.

-Bob

Unreal
01-19-2007, 01:56 PM
Solid advice. Nuts are a great source of calories. I bought about $40 worth of nuts the other day at costco. 3lbs of raw almonds, 3lbs of raw pine nuts, 3lbs of mixed salted nuts. Easy way to snack, small, portable, and tasty.

Stumprrp
01-19-2007, 01:57 PM
deffinatly nick, ALWAYS tell people to eat them, or pack a PB sandwhich, lol.

1 pb sandwhich on wheat and a glass of whole milk is 550 cals haha

Unholy
01-19-2007, 02:14 PM
Good advice man. I like the cravecase a day approach myself.

Bob
01-19-2007, 02:35 PM
Hey Stumpster... I would lose weight on this diet!!! lol

Good job...

RedSpikeyThing
01-19-2007, 03:03 PM
Nice write up! I was actually close to doing something like that myself. I think you just convinced me to screw the slow bulk and pack in the calories. Do you have any other ideas for quick breakfasts? I really don't like eggs and can't pack down a bowl of oatmeal in the morning. I'm thinking maybe a shake, but I don't want to wake my house up with the blender...

Unholy
01-19-2007, 03:16 PM
Im a big fan of omlettes

Stumprrp
01-19-2007, 04:50 PM
red - shake is the way to go if you have no time, make it with whole milk and slob down some nuts with it.

nuts are rediculously high in calories, 160 for 3 tbps, i eat like 2 cups at a time.

Cirino83
01-19-2007, 05:13 PM
red - shake is the way to go if you have no time, make it with whole milk and slob down some nuts with it.

nuts are rediculously high in calories, 160 for 3 tbps, i eat like 2 cups at a time.

:windup:

Overall good advice in the first post. Kinda makes me want to also forget the slow bulk and go eat dinner again.

BFGUITAR
01-19-2007, 05:18 PM
I think thats a bit too much food for me :p

LiftingKid
01-19-2007, 05:26 PM
I personally enjoy dirty bulking just like Bob. Nothing beats eating a large pizza with sausage, peppers, and onions :)

Hatred
01-19-2007, 05:44 PM
Yup. Hardgainer is like "Leanpockets".. Bull****.

Leanpockets are 60% Carbs. and so there is no such thing.

TTT
01-19-2007, 05:59 PM
What's a leanpocket?

Unreal
01-19-2007, 06:08 PM
Leanpockets are frozen crap food.

Cottage cheese with nuts/fruit mixed in. 2 cups of cottage cheese mixed with 1/2 cups nuts, and some fruit can be 600-1000 cals easy. No cooking, little or no prep, and no blender.

Strange, as soon as I hit post a leanpocket commercial came on TV. Weird stuff going on.

Clifford Gillmore
01-19-2007, 06:11 PM
I'd change the 8 whole eggs to 4 whole eggs 6 eggwhites :)

WBBIRL
01-19-2007, 09:06 PM
Does the whites have all the fat and the yolks have all the protein or is it the other way around?

I could eat a 10 egg omlette for breakfast every day, but calories would be too high right now.

Clifford Gillmore
01-19-2007, 10:02 PM
Does the whites have all the fat and the yolks have all the protein or is it the other way around?

I could eat a 10 egg omlette for breakfast every day, but calories would be too high right now.

Other way around.

Questor
01-20-2007, 10:57 AM
My diet is very different than this, but then again, I'm not a hardgainer. I'm uncomfortable if I'm gaining 2 lbs a week. lol.

I eat basically grains, fiber (like 35-40g), milk, nuts, seeds, fruits, and lean protein. 2900 calories maintains me (apparently), I'm pushing for 3000 calories and about a pound a week.

Stumprrp
01-20-2007, 12:34 PM
quest - exactly, some people dont need this, i DONT however i saw very very good gains. lots of mass and strength, which is what i want.

glad you guys like the write up, i know its basic but i hear the questions to much

Questor
01-20-2007, 12:44 PM
It's great advice, definately, and a great write up. I have different goals than most here - I marvel at the this approach. If I were just a few years younger, or if I hadn't been such a fatty for so long (paranoid about gaining weight now), then I would follow your advice!

SvDave
01-20-2007, 03:32 PM
Where can I find JM Blakey's meal plan?

FreeRider
01-20-2007, 03:55 PM
Stump,
Great post man. I am ye typical hardgainer...but I try not to ***** and complain about it. Actually going shopping for some more dense food (nuts, PB, yogurt, oats, raisins....good fuel for me!) and your little write up definatly spures me on to eat and eat and eat and eat! Thanks...I am going up...but lets get that scale jumping up a little faster!

sharkall2003
01-20-2007, 04:18 PM
You can eat all these foods on a cut, just not as much. Nice little write up, Bob.

Stumprrp
01-20-2007, 04:25 PM
thanks guys, and your right allen, i use all of these on a cut.

another awesome bulking food believe it or not is pizza, if you have a whole wheat pizza loaded with cheeses vegys and meats its basically a bulkers dream

Davidelmo
01-20-2007, 04:34 PM
I agree wholeheartedly and this definately needed to be said. Nicely done!