PDA

View Full Version : Full Cream Milk

KingGareth
01-21-2007, 09:22 AM
Hey,

Is full cream milk good or bad?

I need to put some weight on and I was wonderin if its good to drink full cream or just normal milk?

Gareth

RedSpikeyThing
01-21-2007, 09:26 AM
That's fine. Fat doesn't make you fat and it's an easy source of calories.

KingGareth
01-21-2007, 09:28 AM
So what drinks could make you a wee bit fatter?

Mr. D
01-21-2007, 09:36 AM
Excess calories make you a wee bit fatter, whether they come from carbs,fat or protein. I think fruit juices are a poor choice, because its easy to rack up the sugar and cals drinking them thinking that they are "healthy"

Casey Butt
01-21-2007, 11:30 AM
Full cream milk is a good source of saturated fat and cholesterol - both of which are ideal for supporting drug-free muscle gain. Unpasteurized milk is better, if you can get it ...there's less chance of the cholesterol being oxidized.

http://www.weightrainer.net/nutrition/nutrition.html

Don't go crazy with your total calories and you'll be okay.

Jeff Roark
01-21-2007, 12:22 PM
Casey,
Do you keep a diet log anywhere? I'd really love to see what you eat daily. Your build is something I'd really like to shape myself into. Thanks for any examples.

Casey Butt
01-22-2007, 06:31 AM
Thanks Jeff,

...no I don't keep a diet long anywhere, but I'll start here briefly:

Yesterday: I ate too much.
Day Before Yesterday: I also ate too much.
Day Before Day Before Yesterday: I ate too much again.

:D

I'm usually not super strict with my diet. I have a few general rules that I follow: Always get some good quality protein at every meal. Eat healthy cholesterol whenever possible (liver, eggs, etc). Avoid simple sugars and processed foods as much as possible. Avoid too many vegetable oils and soy products. Eat some slow-digesting protein before I go to bed. Get some carbs and protein after working out. That's it in a nutshell.

KingGareth
01-22-2007, 08:48 AM
:offtopic:

Lol only joking... that was interesting to read.