PDA

View Full Version : Nitrean price increase

Joe Black
01-22-2007, 07:48 AM
Hi everyone,

We are making a very small price increase to Nitrean, which is effective as of today. We’d also like to take the opportunity to explain the reasons behind the price increase.

Nitrean™ is quite simply one of the very best protein products on the market. Its blend of three fractions of whey (isolate, hydrolyzed, and concentrate), casein, and egg proteins are what make it so. (best net retention of ingested protein available)

We honestly believe you won’t find a better protein supplement to give you maximum gains in the gym.

That being said, it also makes it a very expensive product to produce. That fact, combined with a recent price increase from our suppliers has compelled us to revise our pricing matrix.

It’s worth just making a couple of last points before we announce the new price. Nitrean is still VERY competitive against that of other blends on the market and our number one goal is to ensure you have the highest quality products at the best prices.

The price increase of Nitrean does not reflect the full cost increase we have incurred from our supplier as we have chosen to absorb some of it our self. We have also kept the multiple discounts at the same proportions as before.

Below is the new pricing structure:

1 jug - $37.95
2 jugs - $34.95 each (save $3 per jug!)
3 jugs - $33.95 each (save $4 per jug!)

Nitrean™ is still the best overall protein value on the market. Get yours today and get on the road to optimize your body!

Please note - this email will also go out to all AtLarge Nutrition customers

Superman250
01-22-2007, 11:29 AM
Damn it! Thats why you never wait to buy something :) However I will still be ordering to give it a try...was just waiting for my ISO XP to run out.

KingWilder
01-22-2007, 11:56 AM
:cry: :cry: :cry:

this sucks

I'm glad I have like 4 unopened jugs right now

WildJames
01-22-2007, 12:40 PM
When you add 6 dollars for shipping, Nitrean was already on the cusp of being more than I could afford. I understand costs go up, but until my rate of pay goes up to complement increases in costs of living, some things have to be given up. This may be it.

Ruffian
01-22-2007, 01:05 PM
Isnt that like a $10 price increase?

Its definately cheaper for me to buy stuff up here, with the shipping and possible costs of importation It runs out to be almost $20 more then the EAS that I buy up here. I understand the reasons but man, thats expensive!

ericg
01-22-2007, 01:45 PM
I hope someone hacked Dan's account and posted this!

chris mason
01-22-2007, 03:20 PM
It's a $2 increase which is LESS than the increase which we have absorbed from our contract manufacturer.

Trust me when I tell you it is still the best deal on the market. Some of you simply do not understand what a great deal it is. Let's take a look:

ON's products are very popular and considered to be very reasonably priced. If we look at Bodybuilding.com's listing of the following products we can create a Nitrean like blend and what ON's would cost:

ON 100% Whey (similar to Nitrean's whey blend) - 5 lbs for $28.99 or $5.80/lb
ON 100% Egg - 2 lbs for $29.99 or $15.00/lb
ON 100% Casein - 4lbs for $42.99 or $10.75/lb

Now, Nitrean is 64% whey blend, 18% casein, and 18% egg protein by weight. That would equate to $17.07 worth of ON's whey, $12.42 of ON's egg protein, and $8.92 of ON's casein with 4.6 lbs of total powder mixed at Nitrean's ratios. That equates to $38.41 for 4.6 lbs of powder at Bb.com's prices which are some of the most aggressive on the net.

Now, Nitrean is priced at $37.95 for 1 4.6 lbs jug but we offer our multiple discounts which takes it down to only $33.95 for 3 or more jugs. You don't have to mix it yourself and you have a superior quality product which is VERY reasonably priced for what it is. Nitrean IS superior to any whey only product in terms of net retention and that is the SOLE purpose of protein supplementation.

Make the right choice for you!

Chris

ironman1964bc
01-23-2007, 11:01 AM
I find that the same people who complain about the price of nitrean will brag what a great deal muscle milk is. Well, right now at bb.com, mm is about $25 and that is for less than 500gms of protein. With nitrean, we are getting 1680gms of protein for $38, which is about $80 worth of mm.

The only protein that anyone can find that competes with nitrean in price is a 100% whey product (yuck). You will not find a good blend that matches the price of nitrean. I think people get hung up on the actual price they are paying instead of looking at how many gms of protein they are getting.

Besides that, we are still able to buy nitrean at the old price or cheaper if we want (just buy 3). What other company gives you that option?

crazedwombat
01-23-2007, 11:18 AM
if the $2 increase is the upper cusp of ability to purchase...you dont need cable tv, nitrean is more important!!

chris mason
01-23-2007, 01:06 PM
Thanks for your support!

Chris

Superman250
01-23-2007, 01:15 PM
Thanks for your support!

Chris

If people want to stop using a quality product over $2 then I would say that is more their loss rather than yours!

I am excited to try your product out, I am actually kicking myself right now for not getting some Nitrean in my order, just to try it out. However if I am happy with the other products I did order you can plan on seeing a big order from me soon :) Maybe I can even get 2 shirts :P

Alex.V
01-23-2007, 01:31 PM
$2 a tub isn't a big deal, that's an extra, what, 3 cents a scoop?

What pisses me off is the supp companies that find out their mix is going to get more expensive, so rather than taking the hit in customers (since people are fickle) and sticking to their guns, they cave, substitute cheaper crap for their current ingredients, and try touting it as some "newer and better" mixture.

If At Large had dropped the amount of egg protein in Nitrean to keep the price point and claimed some junk about extra whey being a good thing, or some such, I would have lost all respect.

Props to you guys, Chris and Dan, for sticking by your product. That's damn rare these days. I'll pay the two bucks extra a month for Nitrean and skip a starbucks iced coffee once every five weeks.

ironman1964bc
01-23-2007, 02:19 PM
Something else about nitrean that is unique too is that the container is almost full to the top unlike the half full ones that I have bought in the past from just about every other company out there. Its darn nice to only have to put your hand in a couple of inches to scoop out that first dose of protein instead of having to reach to your elbows.

Nitrean is also the smoothest and best tasting protein in water that I have ever tried. I have been lifting for 20+ years, and I have tried every powder out there, but nitrean is the only one that I have been able to take with water and actually like it.

Superman250
01-23-2007, 03:33 PM
Something else about nitrean that is unique too is that the container is almost full to the top unlike the half full ones that I have bought in the past from just about every other company out there. Its darn nice to only have to put your hand in a couple of inches to scoop out that first dose of protein instead of having to reach to your elbows.

Nitrean is also the smoothest and best tasting protein in water that I have ever tried. I have been lifting for 20+ years, and I have tried every powder out there, but nitrean is the only one that I have been able to take with water and actually like it.

If that is true you will have a customer for life...because I love having a protein shake before bed but usually have it with milk...because in water it makes me want to :bang:

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
01-23-2007, 03:53 PM
Meh...I just bought my first jug of Nitrean today (Chocolate). I want my two bucks back!!! (just kidding) :)

beatlesfreak
01-23-2007, 04:20 PM
if the $2 increase is the upper cusp of ability to purchase...you dont need cable tv, nitrean is more important!!

Amen. Priorities, fellas. Gotta get yer priorities straight.

I won't be switching back to my former clumpy-clump all whey powder just to save two lousy bucks.

Nitrean is worth the price. Price increases are a reality of life. They're inevitable. Just something we have to learn to live with.

Thanks to Chris and Dan for being upfront about it.

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
01-23-2007, 07:05 PM
Thanks to Chris and Dan for being upfront about it.:withstupi

It would've been a little shady if they hadn't mentioned anything and a thread popped up saying "Why the *&#$^*& did Nitrean go up in price?!?!??!1111oneSHIFT!!1"

But yes, they were open about it and I respect that. Let's just not let the price increase happen again. :p I also ordered a shaker. I'm dying to try it out.

WildJames
01-23-2007, 07:55 PM

Thanks for the advice man!

Levantar
01-23-2007, 10:44 PM
I'm a little surprised at the number of people on this thread that don't seem to mind a price increase. I'm just glad I bought last week. I'll be on the look out for another sale from ALN on this stuff before I buy again.

HammDoggy
01-23-2007, 10:57 PM
Its only $2, I cant believe some of you care?

Levantar
01-24-2007, 02:26 AM
Its only $2, I cant believe some of you care?

ALN cares.

HammDoggy
01-24-2007, 03:09 AM
ALN cares.

Yeah but they're selling much larger quantities than you're buying

chris mason
01-24-2007, 05:21 AM
ALN cares.

As the other gentleman said, that is because we are now paying more than that $2 increase for EVERY JUG WE SELL. It becomes a matter of it making good business sense to offer the product or not.

You see, we could offer a whey-only product for a lot less and still make more money but we don't because we know that is not the best product we can offer. We offer the best product we can and price it as reasonably as possible. That is Nitrean.

Bob
01-24-2007, 05:53 AM
Chris, Daniel,

Isn't there a way to get yourselves a Candian and/or a UK distributor? It seems that a lot of the compliants come from the outrageous shipping & custom charges getting your product shipped from the US. Can't your distributor do a drop ship to the UK and Canada?

As for the US... even with the increase, it's still the best out there. I've used nothing but Nitrean since I first ordered it around xmas 05.. between the results, the taste, the mixing and the price, nothing beats it in my supplemental arsenal.

Superman250
01-24-2007, 09:14 AM
I'm a little surprised at the number of people on this thread that don't seem to mind a price increase. I'm just glad I bought last week. I'll be on the look out for another sale from ALN on this stuff before I buy again.

Well as they did the math up top it is still one of the best deals out there and with the quality of product you are getting compared to the rest it really isn't that bad.

If two bucks is stopping you from getting the best compared to the "average" stuff then you need to check your priorities.

Also is there no way that ALN can ship the product as a gift so then Canadians and others don't have to pay taxes/Brokerage fees?

chris mason
01-24-2007, 11:12 AM
Chris, Daniel,

Isn't there a way to get yourselves a Candian and/or a UK distributor? It seems that a lot of the compliants come from the outrageous shipping & custom charges getting your product shipped from the US. Can't your distributor do a drop ship to the UK and Canada?

As for the US... even with the increase, it's still the best out there. I've used nothing but Nitrean since I first ordered it around xmas 05.. between the results, the taste, the mixing and the price, nothing beats it in my supplemental arsenal.

We charge $10.95 to ship to Canada. We use USPS to mitigate any duties or taxes. We literally eat our ass on nearly every Canadian shipment. We lose $20 or MORE on the shipping charges with most Canadian shipments. Until such time as we have a Canadian distributor there is nothing else that can be done.

For international orders, we ship via USPS Air Parcel for the same reasons above and only charge what we will be charged and sometimes less.

I think the term "outrageous" is VERY misleading as the facts above show that we go WAY above and beyond to take care of our customers outside of the US.

Thank you for your opinion on Nitrean as a product.

chris mason
01-24-2007, 11:15 AM
Well as they did the math up top it is still one of the best deals out there and with the quality of product you are getting compared to the rest it really isn't that bad.

If two bucks is stopping you from getting the best compared to the "average" stuff then you need to check your priorities.

Also is there no way that ALN can ship the product as a gift so then Canadians and others don't have to pay taxes/Brokerage fees?

We could, but as with all of our business dealings we prefer to be honest and upfront. We would not feel comfortable misrepresenting matters.

sharkall2003
01-24-2007, 11:43 AM
We could, but as with all of our business dealings we prefer to be honest and upfront. We would not feel comfortable misrepresenting matters.

If you're giving away FREE products I believe that is a GIFT. I'm not a business expert, or a shipping expert, but if there is a gift then why can't you send it as one if it is cheaper?

Bob
01-24-2007, 11:46 AM
I think the term "outrageous" is VERY misleading as the facts above show that we go WAY above and beyond to take care of our customers outside of the US.
Sorry, I didn't mean it to be misleading.. I knew you were eating costs... but that's why I asked if it was possible for you to find a Canadian and UK distributor. To save money for ALN.. and then with trickle down.. your customers too.

chris mason
01-24-2007, 02:08 PM
If you're giving away FREE products I believe that is a GIFT. I'm not a business expert, or a shipping expert, but if there is a gift then why can't you send it as one if it is cheaper?

I am not sure what you are talking about? When we do give something away we are more than happy to list it as such on a customs form.

The gentleman was asking about products which are PURCHASED from us being sent out of the country. I, nor anyone that wishes to work for me, will LIE about that.

chris mason
01-24-2007, 02:09 PM
Sorry, I didn't mean it to be misleading.. I knew you were eating costs... but that's why I asked if it was possible for you to find a Canadian and UK distributor. To save money for ALN.. and then with trickle down.. your customers too.

We will eventually go there, trust me. :thumbup:

sharkall2003
01-24-2007, 10:23 PM
I am not sure what you are talking about? When we do give something away we are more than happy to list it as such on a customs form.

The gentleman was asking about products which are PURCHASED from us being sent out of the country. I, nor anyone that wishes to work for me, will LIE about that.

Is it all sent in one box? If so, why can't you say you're sending a gift? You are, indeed, sending a gift. I'm not asking you to lie. If they are not receiving a gift there is no reason to say you're sending one.

lawriter
01-25-2007, 12:14 AM
that's sketchy for a legit business. it's one thing if you're sending an ebay item once in a blue moon, but...

Joe Black
01-25-2007, 02:16 AM
At the end of the day the package is not a gift its a purchase. Sure there is a gift in it (only if you actually go for the free gift option though) however it would be untruthful to list the package as a gift overall.

Clifford Gillmore
01-25-2007, 05:53 AM
I'm amazed that you guys have had to explain yourselves! I work in the meat retail industry, and I care for every single customer I have - but If wholesale price of something goes up, I increase my price to my markup.

You may be the only internet buisness men that run their buisness with a legitimate face, and aim to keep customers satisfied. Props.

sharkall2003
01-25-2007, 12:16 PM
At the end of the day the package is not a gift its a purchase. Sure there is a gift in it (only if you actually go for the free gift option though) however it would be untruthful to list the package as a gift overall.

Gotcha. I just didn't know if there was a way of playing the system to make it cheaper for both parties.

Talking_God
01-25-2007, 12:21 PM
Sharkall, what chris and dan are trying to get across is that they are honest and want to run their business legitimately. Technically could they do the gift crap? more than likely, but its wrong and that's not how they want to operate. They marked it up a couple bucks, absorbed most of the price themselves. Suck it up. Its better than paying 60 bucks or whatever it would be if they hadn't absorbed the costs.

sharkall2003
01-25-2007, 12:31 PM
Sharkall, what chris and dan are trying to get across is that they are honest and want to run their business legitimately. Technically could they do the gift crap? more than likely, but its wrong and that's not how they want to operate. They marked it up a couple bucks, absorbed most of the price themselves. Suck it up. Its better than paying 60 bucks or whatever it would be if they hadn't absorbed the costs.

Suck it up? I was raising legitimate questions and they gave me answers. I don't buy their products, atleast not Nitrean because I don't want to pay 10 more dollars per 5 lbs or so when I eat eggs and drink milk and can still get the proteins I need. However, I will probably invest in some Nitor at some time. If their products were outrageously high they probably wouldn't make as much money because the willingness of the purchaser would not be as high as it is at the great price they sell it for now. I was just wondering why IF it is cheaper for both parties to ship it as a gift and they do indeed have a gift in the box why they wouldn't send it as so. And they justified why they do. As a future customer of ALN I want to know why they have markups, why they ship the way they do etc. I think it's fair to me to want to know why they do certain things. They run a good business and that's one of the primary factors for me being very interested in purchasing their products.

Alex.V
01-25-2007, 01:00 PM
As a future customer of ALN I want to know why they have markups...

Because without markups they'd make no money? :)

Bicster
01-25-2007, 01:37 PM
You may be the only internet buisness men that run their buisness with a legitimate face, and aim to keep customers satisfied. Props.

Come on

sharkall2003
01-25-2007, 02:10 PM
Because without markups they'd make no money? :)

I know that. :) I meant why they were further increasing it and why they would only ship it a certain way. Now I know.

Talking_God
01-25-2007, 02:10 PM
Sorry sharkall, i didnt mean the suck it up to be directed at you, i guess i should have started a new paragraph after the first sentence :bang: . The suck it up was to everyone who was complaining about the 2 dollars extra.

sharkall2003
01-25-2007, 02:16 PM
Sorry sharkall, i didnt mean the suck it up to be directed at you, i guess i should have started a new paragraph after the first sentence :bang: . The suck it up was to everyone who was complaining about the 2 dollars extra.

Yeah, I wasn't complaining. They're doing business. And they're doing good business, something most others don't think about.

Superman250
01-25-2007, 04:03 PM
Make this thread stop...

Levantar
01-25-2007, 05:46 PM
We charge $10.95 to ship to Canada. We use USPS to mitigate any duties or taxes. We literally eat our ass on nearly every Canadian shipment. We lose $20 or MORE on the shipping charges with most Canadian shipments. Until such time as we have a Canadian distributor there is nothing else that can be done.

For international orders, we ship via USPS Air Parcel for the same reasons above and only charge what we will be charged and sometimes less.

Thank you for your opinion on Nitrean as a product.

You lose $20 or more on most Canadien shippments? How much do you lose on United States shippments?

chris mason
01-25-2007, 07:06 PM
You lose $20 or more on most Canadien shippments? How much do you lose on United States shippments?

When shipping the heavier proteins I would say anywhere from $1-$15 with the higher end being reserved for multiple protein units being sent across the country.