PDA

View Full Version : group buy??

uw-lifter96
01-22-2007, 08:19 PM
a lot of people on car forums do stuff like this. basically chris if we meet a certain amount of people who agree to buy a bottle of anything, will you lower the price for all of us?

say if 50 people buy a bottle of nitor, will you knock 6 or 7 bucks off the price for all of us?

Joe Black
01-23-2007, 01:06 AM
Well you have to appreciate we would not be able to ship it to 50 locations for that.

It is possible that you could get a bunch of people together, put in a bulk order, we ship to one address and then give you a discount though.

uw-lifter96
01-23-2007, 01:24 AM
then the individual would have to pay for shipping twice, negating all savings.

http://www.rx7club.com/showthread.php?t=551122

heres an example of how other sites do the group buy discount. i dont see why we couldnt do the same, especially if it would attract people to buy your products who otherwise wouldnt?

chris mason
01-23-2007, 07:07 AM
then the individual would have to pay for shipping twice, negating all savings.

http://www.rx7club.com/showthread.php?t=551122

heres an example of how other sites do the group buy discount. i dont see why we couldnt do the same, especially if it would attract people to buy your products who otherwise wouldnt?

Ok, first, on every individual product with the exception of Nitor we already offer a discount if someone will buy multiple units. These discounts amount to 10% or more depending on how many units are ordered.

Next, you are using aftermarket automotive parts as a model and that is hardly valid. I run a medium sized Toyota dealer as well as being the co-owner of AtLarge and I KNOW what sort of margins there are on aftermarket automotive parts, especially those that are higher in price. The model you are referencing just would not work for us due to the profit being made at our retail pricing. We actually lose money (we lose on the shipping charges, not the order proper)on nearly every shipment to the US and we lose significant money ($10 or more) on nearly every shipment to Canada.

Keep an eye out for when we run one of our sales and then you can take advantage of the savings offered.

Chris

uw-lifter96
01-23-2007, 10:08 AM
sounds good :hide: