PDA

View Full Version : My fitday

Mad Martigan
01-22-2007, 09:05 PM
How does this look? I think it would be alright if I cut about 20-25 grams of fat out. I'm 5'9, 190 and probably 15lbs overweight.

http://www.fitday.com/WebFit/PublicJournals.html?Owner=badandy

Mr. D
01-22-2007, 10:02 PM
Your cals look a little high to be losing weight. Protein is a good number. Fat, go with 0.5g/lbm.You could prolly use a substantial drop in carbs.

RedSpikeyThing
01-23-2007, 09:05 AM
Your cals look a little high to be losing weight. Protein is a good number. Fat, go with 0.5g/lbm.You could prolly use a substantial drop in carbs.

Everyone is different in terms of their caloric needs. At 155 lbs, I would lose weight on that.

OP: You're fine for fat. The minimum around here is 0.5 g / lb LBM and doesn't matter if you get more.
Unless you carb cycling, I wouldn't worry about your carb content either.

You seem to have some processed foods. I don't know how accurate "Sausage and cheese on English muffin ( 1 sandwich )" is, but it might throw your totals off.

Mad Martigan
01-23-2007, 03:50 PM
I customized the muffin from what it said on the box.

Mad Martigan
01-23-2007, 06:02 PM
Ok, how about today? The bad part is, I haven't eaten dinner yet and all I have are some Lean Pockets and PBJ laying around. And some yogurt.

Mad Martigan
01-23-2007, 07:16 PM
Damn, that fat kind of ran off with me today. Well, at least 25 grams of it was PB fat.

RedSpikeyThing
01-23-2007, 09:38 PM
Damn, that fat kind of ran off with me today. Well, at least 25 grams of it was PB fat.

Your fat is pretty low as is. You should be getting at least 0.5 g / lb LBM. Don't be afraid to eat more of it - fat doesn't make you fat!

Mad Martigan
01-24-2007, 03:26 PM
Well, as I'm sure you know, when I'm trying to lose a bit a of flab those fat calories add up at a higher rate than other nutrients. If I choose to eat something with twice as much fat, I actually get to eat something like a quarter as much of it. I really shouldn't be too concerned over it. Paying more attention to my intake is going to do a lot regardless of how strict I really am with it. I've pretty much doubled to tripled my protein intake and cut a lot of unhealthy fats and sugars. If I don't drop the fat right away, maybe I'll just get bigger and my lbm will burn it away.

RedSpikeyThing
01-24-2007, 03:28 PM
Remember that fat is satiating, so eating less of it can actually be quite satisfying. But as long as you get 0.5 g/lb LBM it doesn't really matter.

Mad Martigan
01-31-2007, 05:36 PM
What's going on here?

There's no frigging way I can't lose weight eating less than 2500 calories a day.

Mr. D
01-31-2007, 06:01 PM
Whats your bf%? Your fats seem to be low.

Mad Martigan
01-31-2007, 06:50 PM
IDK. I've never really been a lean guy, but I'm fatter than I used to be. I would estimate it to be less than 25%

Mad Martigan
02-01-2007, 07:23 PM
For real, what's up?

DaveG
02-02-2007, 12:08 PM
If you don't lose weight over a two week period, drop your cals by a couple hundred a day, and repeat. Seems like most people here can cut on 2500 cals/day but it varies for everyone. I lose about 1lb/week on 2000 cals/day. Just keep monitoring what you eat and check your weight every couple of weeks. If you aren't losing enough, drop the cals. If you are losing too much, raise them.

Mr. D
02-02-2007, 12:39 PM
Your fats seem to be too low and carbs too high. Increase fats by 25 grams and drop carbs accordingly (by about 60g)

Mad Martigan
02-02-2007, 02:02 PM
LOL I am going to be pissed if I have to drop below 2,000 calories just to lose weight.

I'll have to tweak my shopping list a bit to see what I can do to drop the carbs and maybe eat more PB. I'm in kind of a crappy situation here in a dorm type place with no open burners or oven. As you can see, I'm eating out of a lot of cans.

Mad Martigan
02-03-2007, 11:25 AM
189lbs http://www.ls2.com/forums/images/smilies/woot.gif

Mr. D
02-03-2007, 12:36 PM
How long have u been eating around 2000 calories? Whats your workout routine looking like? Whats your activity level like?

Avocados,nuts (walnuts,cashew,almonds,pecans,peanuts), olive oil, Fish Oil (more of) are great fat sources. They are easy to incorporate in a diet. Fats will keep you fuller longer. Avocados are great because of their high fiber content as well.

Looking at your fitday again, your saturated fats are too high. You should aim for 1/3 saturated, 1/3 poly, 1/3 mono. You should aim for 75g of fat, 25 from each.

The fiber one will help keep you regular, so you can keep that. I would look into cutting that banana serving in half.

How do you feel about canned tuna?Lowfat Cottage cheese? You also seem to be missing veggies.Most veggies can be eaten raw in a salad so you dont need to worry about cooking them.

That Mickey Ds burger is not helping.

Mad Martigan
02-03-2007, 06:42 PM
I've been eating around 2000-2300 calories for about 2 weeks now. I'm doing WBBI and biking for 30 minutes a few times a week. Canned tuna is fine, I just like the canned chicken better. I don't really like avocado, but I may be able eat some salad and nuts through out the week. Cottage cheese is kinda meh, but I could probably eat more. I do seem to be missing veggies, but there are a lot in the soup I eat. I have a small refrigerator that is mostly taken up by milk and yogurt and some soft drinks. I thought my saturated fats were ok, barring my Mcdonald's junk. I mean, I eat some NPB and all of a sudden I just ate 10+ grams of sat fat. I've been getting 3 grams of fish oil that I haven't been counting.

Mad Martigan
02-06-2007, 08:22 AM
190? Noes!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DaveG
02-07-2007, 12:51 PM
I wouldn't worry about the 190. You really should only weight yourself once a week or every other week. Do it at the same time of day with the same clothes on and use the same scale. I do it in the morning right after getting out of the shower.