PDA

View Full Version : Eggs?

Negi
01-23-2007, 02:59 AM
Right i don't post often enough, though i should really.
I just mainly read the threads and gain and insight and better myself.

Now i understand the rules of weight gain and what's good and bad.
But one thing puzzles me which isn't brought up enough. We all talk about how much fat, carbs and protein is in the food but nothing else. I see people eating 8 eggs for breakfast, surely that isn't good for you? they say nothing about just eating the whites.

My diet:

Breakfast - 2 eggs, 2 bacon, 2 bread, pint of apple juice, banana and a probiotic drink.

Lunch - 2 chicken (40g protein), 2 bread and some form of fruit

Snack - protein shake

Work out.

Dinner - what ever my mum cooks and if i dont feel ive reach 1000 calories here i eat more.

Snack - as much fruit as i can fit in me.

Now mu diet isn't big but then again neither am i. On Saturday i weighed myself with my brother watching and i was 118lbs (underweight hense why im here). On Monday i weighed myself again in the evening with just boxers on and i weighed 122. The scales were right because i used 3 different types of scales to make sure i had it right.
So basicly i've start to eat the above everyday so far but im not sure about the eggs. It's about 3000 calories which is suited for my size

So my questions... is 4lbs in 2 days bad? and how many eggs are okay so my cholesterol doesn't sky rocket?

Casey Butt
01-23-2007, 05:30 AM
There's nothing unhealthy about eggs or the cholesterol in them. Much of the cholesterol scare has been propagated by drug companies that manufacture various cholesterol lowering drugs ...and furthered by clueless journalists. In fact, for drug-free bodybuilders/lifters, dietary cholesterol is crucial for success.

The yolk contributes to the BV of the white. Without the yolk the quality of egg protein drops considerably.

http://www.weightrainer.net/nutrition/nutrition.html

Cirino83
01-23-2007, 07:49 AM
Wait you aim for ~ 1k calories per day? 122 for 5'8 is very light for your height. If your target goal is to get up another 30 lbs or so..eating 1,000 calories isn't going to come close to helping you do that. I would suggest ATLEAST 2300 to start.

As far as the choloestrol, I wouldn't worry too much about it unless you or family have known problems with it.

Negi
01-23-2007, 07:58 AM
Wait you aim for ~ 1k calories per day? 122 for 5'8 is very light for your height. If your target goal is to get up another 30 lbs or so..eating 1,000 calories isn't going to come close to helping you do that. I would suggest ATLEAST 2300 to start.

As far as the choloestrol, I wouldn't worry too much about it unless you or family have known problems with it.

I kinda ment 1000 calories in 'dinner alone'. i take around 3000+ a day.

Thanks for the info :)
I was thinking what i was doing to myself, i feel safer eating eggs now :)

Cirino83
01-23-2007, 08:03 AM
I kinda ment 1000 calories in 'dinner alone'. i take around 3000+ a day.

Thanks for the info :)
I was thinking what i was doing to myself, i feel safer eating eggs now :)

Oh ok..that sounds better ;) Good luck.

RedSpikeyThing
01-23-2007, 09:09 AM
So my questions... is 4lbs in 2 days bad? and how many eggs are okay so my cholesterol doesn't sky rocket?

4 lbs in 2 days isn't bad, assuming it doesn't stay at that rate. You should be shooting for 1-2 lbs / week. I would bet that since you're new to bulking you gained a bunch of water weight. Other things (such as bowel movements, or lack thereof) can contribute to gaining wieght quickly. The best way to weigh yourself is in the morning after going to the washroom.

As was said before, eating cholesterol doesn't lead to cholesterol problems, but it will make a pre-existing condition worse.

Lean-N-Mean
01-23-2007, 09:29 AM
...the best way to weigh yourself is in the morning after going to the washroom.

:) Thats a real delicate way to say it!

ddegroff
01-23-2007, 10:29 AM
4 lbs in 2 days isn't bad, assuming it doesn't stay at that rate. You should be shooting for 1-2 lbs / week. I would bet that since you're new to bulking you gained a bunch of water weight. Other things (such as bowel movements, or lack thereof) can contribute to gaining wieght quickly. The best way to weigh yourself is in the morning after going to the washroom.

As was said before, eating cholesterol doesn't lead to cholesterol problems, but it will make a pre-existing condition worse.

All I would add is weigh yourself once per week. Your weight is going to flucuate from day to day, so pick a day and weigh yourself that same day every week.

Negi
01-23-2007, 10:32 AM
Sunday mornings.

My cba day :drooling:

Ime build myself up and get my body used to free weights and my body weight exercises first. Then im hitting the gym for the hardcore stuff.
I think i'll start a general thingy on here :clap:

Cirino83
01-23-2007, 01:15 PM
What exactly is a washroom? I'm assuming the bathroom? Not being a dik just never heard that expression before.

getfit
01-23-2007, 01:19 PM
washroom is a bathroom.I know alot of people that use that term.

Cirino83
01-23-2007, 01:20 PM
Maybe a Canadian term I guess..thanks fr clarifying ;)

RedSpikeyThing
01-23-2007, 03:03 PM
What exactly is a washroom? I'm assuming the bathroom? Not being a dik just never heard that expression before.

Wow, didn't know that was a Canadianism. I'll add it to the list:

1) Two-Four
2) Pop
3) Couch
4) Washroom

Cirino83
01-23-2007, 04:26 PM
Wow, didn't know that was a Canadianism. I'll add it to the list:

1) Two-Four
2) Pop
3) Couch
4) Washroom

LMAO.... well i know what a couch is...thas the only name for it i think (if your talking about what you sit on to watch tv..)

what is a two-four? Two for the price of one?

Pop - soda?

djreef
01-23-2007, 04:29 PM
that would be a davenport, not couch.

DJ

RedSpikeyThing
01-23-2007, 05:03 PM
LMAO.... well i know what a couch is...thas the only name for it i think (if your talking about what you sit on to watch tv..)

what is a two-four? Two for the price of one?

Pop - soda?

- a two-four is a a 24 pack of beer
- pop = soda
- coach is often sofa or chesterfield in the US