PDA

View Full Version : not your average goal

kw1k
01-24-2007, 02:43 AM
1 month left of my bulking.. I've gained alot of weight since i've started

Right now i'm 5'6 161lbs. Maybe + 3 /4 lbs after this month ..

My cutting plan is going to be based of a nutrition plan for diabetics , It's a very strict diet but it looks very effective. Here are my pictures.. DO you think it's possible to get to 10-11% in 5months? I think it is, but i would like some peace of mind that it is possible and i'm just joking my self.

http://img154.imageshack.us/img154/315/picture0113iv.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/301/picture0120vx.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/2060/picture0143ub.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

djreef
01-24-2007, 10:47 AM
Anything's possible. Try it and see. Look, everyone's different - in more ways than one. Physiologically, a 5 month slow cut might work for you, but let me tell you, you'll know within a few of months in whether it will, or not. If it doesn't then you'll have to tighten the timeline on your bulk/cut cycles.

DJ

kw1k
01-24-2007, 01:30 PM
Anything's possible. Try it and see. Look, everyone's different - in more ways than one. Physiologically, a 5 month slow cut might work for you, but let me tell you, you'll know within a few of months in whether it will, or not. If it doesn't then you'll have to tighten the timeline on your bulk/cut cycles.

DJ

Yeah agree, It's not going to be a walk in the park i'll say that much.

Holto
01-24-2007, 08:32 PM
DO you think it's possible to get to 10-11% in 5months?

Lets say you are at 18% right now. (That might be much higher than reality)

@ 18% and 162, you have 132lbs of lean mass.

After 5 months of cutting losing 1 lb/week you will weigh 140.5 and you would be at 7% bodyfat.

--------------------------

Scenario #2, 22% bodyfat. (There is no way you are that high)

@ 22% and 162, you have 126lbs of lean mass.

After 5 months of cutting losing 1 lb/week you will weigh 140.5 and you would be at 8.9% bodyfat.

---------------------------------

In other words you're doing a damn good job. :thumbup:

My cutting plan is going to be based of a nutrition plan for diabetics.

Personally I wouldn't recommend this. I recommend a diet for athletes as we have different requirements.

kw1k
01-24-2007, 10:40 PM
I see, Well I'm going to give this diet a shot it looks very good. If it doesn't go well I'll go ahead and change it.. I'm going to try to gain as much as i can in the next month

Slim Schaedle
01-25-2007, 06:43 AM
I see, Well I'm going to give this diet a shot it looks very good. If it doesn't go well I'll go ahead and change it.. I'm going to try to gain as much as i can in the next month

What exactly are the details of the diabetic diet? , since you just blew off Holto's advice

djreef
01-25-2007, 10:23 AM
I suspect it's some sort of ultra low carb ketogenic diet. Most diabetic diets seem to be heading in this direction, lately.

DJ

ericg
01-25-2007, 10:27 AM
I am curious to what a diabetic diet is as well. Are you diabetic? I am and technically I really dont have to do anything different than someone not diagnosed with diabetes. Yeah I shouldnt eat a pound of chocolate cake and wash it down with 2ltr of coke, but if I wanted to I could just take the corresponding amount of insulin and it would keep my sugar levels in check.

djreef
01-25-2007, 10:44 AM
These diets are designed around folks who are far from weight training individuals. In other words, they are ordinary folks who want to take less insulin (ie fewer pills, fewer injections, etc). In other words they manipulate their sugar levels with less medication, and with diet by cutting out all processed sugars, and only consuming complex carbs at specific times. Sound familiar - yea, it's called Southbeach to everyone else, just repackaged for diabetics. It seems to work best for folks who are borderline. Who'd thunk that straightening out your diet would make your endocrine system work better.

DJ

isosceles
01-25-2007, 11:32 AM
Holto, how can you accurately determine how much your body fat can decrease in 5 months?

kw1k
01-25-2007, 12:58 PM
ahh i think i've confused all of you, You see the diet is Based off a diabetics diet. You see my brother is a diabetic so we don't really have junk food any longer around the house as we did before. Now the diet that i'm going to use is basically all about controlling insulin spikes and when to intake your carbs and protein. I have a book that has tons of recipes on healthy high protein meals , generally diabetics can't have any carbs I'm going to have my sweet potatoes once n awhile i love those bad boys along with my beans and etc.. I'll post the diet plan in a few.. I'm sorry for the confusion.

Slim Schaedle
01-25-2007, 01:19 PM
The statement that, generally, diabetics cannot consume any carbs, is not true at all.

Built
01-25-2007, 01:48 PM
What type of diabetic is your brother, out of curiosity - Type I or type II? Does he inject insulin and/or take something like Metformin?

Holto
01-25-2007, 02:49 PM
Holto, how can you accurately determine how much your body fat can decrease in 5 months?

I ballparked his bodyfat % to calculate his lean mass, which is bodymass - bodyfat.

Then I projected a loss of 1lb/week over 5 months. (4.3 weeks per month)

Then I divided his lean mass/ his bodymass to calculate bodyfat percentage.

DOH!

That last line is totally wrong now that I think about it.

I should have calulated the amount of body fat as total mass - lean mass.

Then divide that by his total mass.

In scenario #2 it's acutally 10%.

In scenario #1 it's acutally 6%.

isosceles
01-25-2007, 04:25 PM
so is this correct:
190lbs with 15% bf, and I do it for 4 months - that makes my lbm about 160. 17 lbs of weight lost in 4 months (4.3x4). After 4 months, I will weigh about 173. 160/173 gives me 9.2% bodyfat. Is that what you are doing?

Don't you have to assume he is going to lose some muscle as well? Or is this the most accurate way to do it?

kw1k
01-25-2007, 04:33 PM
What type of diabetic is your brother, out of curiosity - Type I or type II? Does he inject insulin and/or take something like Metformin?

type2

Built
01-25-2007, 05:25 PM
Okay. Type 2 makes better sense given what it looks like you're planning to do for diet.