PDA

View Full Version : Tart Red Cherry juice for muscle pain relief

LackOfSize
01-24-2007, 10:11 AM
I read an article recently stating that in a double-blind experiment using 2 groups of athletes, the athletes who consumed red tart cherry juice after workouts would have less recovery time from muscle pain and in turn retained more strength. I can't find the exact article, but I found a similar one on MSNBC.com

Edit: Wahoo! 10 post count...here's the link: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6124646/

If you plan on buying some to try it out, look in the organic section of your grocery store. Juicy-juice and all those other products are mostly juice blends, not the pure tart cherry juice.

djreef
01-24-2007, 10:40 AM
I usually mix black cherry juice with my green tea. I can't stand the taste of tart cherry. It really is tart.

DJ

LackOfSize
01-24-2007, 10:47 AM
Yeah it's potent stuff. I've been mixing it with creatine for my post-workout drink.

getfit
01-24-2007, 10:51 AM
interesting

zen
01-24-2007, 11:02 AM
Whaaaat?

This is getting crazy. From the antioxidants fad making a boon for everything from greentea and blueberries, now we have tart black cherry helps recovery?
:scratch:
WHO THINKS OF THESE THINGS?!?!?!

<<<bored lab with no grants>>>
"Hey Bob, let's see if pre-ripe rainforest banana skins cure Genital Warts?!!"
"No sir, Hank. We stick to the plan. We either research how the essense of ozark ardvark shells affect melatonin production, or we go after the grants from the goat lobby in southern europe and test how slow-cultured brown goat cheese affects joint health!"

Cirino83
01-24-2007, 11:43 AM
Whaaaat?

This is getting crazy. From the antioxidants fad making a boon for everything from greentea and blueberries, now we have tart black cherry helps recovery?
:scratch:
WHO THINKS OF THESE THINGS?!?!?!

<<<bored lab with no grants>>>
"Hey Bob, let's see if pre-ripe rainforest banana skins cure Genital Warts?!!"
"No sir, Hank. We stick to the plan. We either research how the essense of ozark ardvark shells affect melatonin production, or we go after the grants from the goat lobby in southern europe and test how slow-cultured brown goat cheese affects joint health!"

hahaha :D

interesting article I guess. Too bad I hate cherries and anything cherry flavored.