PDA

View Full Version : It's 10pm should I get in that extra bit of food?

Carter
01-24-2007, 10:41 PM
I have always heard mixed information on latenight eating, and many times I think it is because people have different goals and so they choose what satisfies their goals.

So I want to gain some mass and then cut but mainly gain some mass first. Should I be willing to throw in those extra 2 hardboiled eggs at 10pm or is that doing nothing for me?

I have heard different theories "Eating at night keeps metabo going" and "Don't eat at night you will just get fat." And maybe there is a grain of truth to each but with my goal of mass (but not mass at the cost/gain of being able to roll down the street.) So ideas?

Altephor
01-24-2007, 10:44 PM
Your body enters a catabolic state while sleeping, meaning that when you sleep you are losing muscle mass. So yes, you want to get in some protein before sleeping to prevent that.

Carter
01-24-2007, 10:50 PM
Okay so I didnt search deep enough this thread has a ton of stuff that say what Altephor just said thanks Altephor and sorry about a repost of such a recent question :)
http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=91026

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
01-25-2007, 12:05 AM
Whether you're bulking or cutting, you need a bedtime meal...not only to ward off catabolism as much as possible, but because most of your muscle tissue repair occurs during sleep, so you need to give it fuel for this process. Most other normal bodily functions shut down so that your body can dedicate itself to repair and rejuvenation.