PDA

View Full Version : Fighting genetics

landlord
01-25-2007, 03:50 PM
i was wondering if it is possible to win the battle against genetics in term of body shape. I am 6'0" and about 180 and a size 36 waist. My dad is literally the exact same size as i am. we both have a "belly" that we'de like to get rid of. i lift weights and play hockey, so i am fairly active; but my weight does not fluctuate at all. i am fairly lean all around except for my stomach.

my grandfather also had a big stomach. can i fight this? or am i destined to have a freakin pot belly forever? thanks.

SEALBound
01-25-2007, 04:17 PM
I have the exact same problem so I'd really like to hear the answers as well.

Seems like I have this belly fat that just will not go away...

Funny too because I lift and play hockey as well :)

Levantar
01-25-2007, 05:52 PM
You are going to get the same answer from almost eveyone on this forum. Take in less calories than you burn everyday while continueing to lift. You will lose weight. You can mitigate the amount of muscle loss by continuing to lift and hopefully just lose the fat and keep your muscle. Oh and I've heard it takes some disapline of which I have very little and that's the reason I also have a belly! lol:hump:

SpecialK
01-25-2007, 06:20 PM
I would also strongly encourage you to track EXACTLY what you eat every day on fitday.

If a haphazard approach isn't cutting it (pun intended), it might be time to pay more attention to the details.

RedSpikeyThing
01-25-2007, 08:29 PM
Genetics sets your metabolism. Some people get fast ones, some people get slow ones. If you got stuck with a slow one, then you gotta eat less. Sad, but true.

Slim Schaedle
01-25-2007, 08:33 PM
All about diet