PDA

View Full Version : Has AtLarge considered adding Lactase to Nitrean?

imageD
01-25-2007, 06:42 PM
I know ON whey has Lactase in it, and just last night I switched over from ON to Nitrean in my shake (i also take a couple lactase tabs) and ended up getting sick.

I am just wondering if ALN has considered this?

chris mason
01-25-2007, 07:05 PM
We don't have any plans to do that. We have had lactose intolerant individuals tell us that Nitrean does not really exacerbate their condition. Of course, there are varying levels of lactose intolerance and you may be very sensitive. I am surprised that even with the lactase you had a problem. When you say you got "sick" do you mean diarrhea? I have never heard of lactose intolerance causing any other form of illness.

In any event, if Nitrean causes you a problem in that way then you should not use it.

Chris

imageD
01-25-2007, 07:24 PM
We don't have any plans to do that. We have had lactose intolerant individuals tell us that Nitrean does not really exacerbate their condition. Of course, there are varying levels of lactose intolerance and you may be very sensitive. I am surprised that even with the lactase you had a problem. When you say you got "sick" do you mean diarrhea? I have never heard of lactose intolerance causing any other form of illness.

In any event, if Nitrean causes you a problem in that way then you should not use it.

Chris

No, of course Nitrean did not make me sick, I like to mix my shakes with milk in the blender (1 cup oatmeal, 2 tbsp PB, 2 scoop protein, 2 cup milk).

Prior to receiving the Nitrean I was using ON whey for the time being, I didn't change anything else except use the Nitrean and I got the traditional lactose intolerance symptoms. So I figured that the lactase in the ON whey in addition to the tabs I was taking pretty much neutralized the lactose.

chris mason
01-25-2007, 07:49 PM
No, of course Nitrean did not make me sick, I like to mix my shakes with milk in the blender (1 cup oatmeal, 2 tbsp PB, 2 scoop protein, 2 cup milk).

Prior to receiving the Nitrean I was using ON whey for the time being, I didn't change anything else except use the Nitrean and I got the traditional lactose intolerance symptoms. So I figured that the lactase in the ON whey in addition to the tabs I was taking pretty much neutralized the lactose.

I am not sure of your tone in the first sentence? Perhaps I was not clear. My apologies.

You could be very accurate in your thoughts about the lactase in ON in addition to the tablets.