PDA

View Full Version : Plyometrics for hockey

Kovalchuk71
01-25-2007, 07:16 PM
What do you guys reccomend? Im not worrying about power right now as I realized today that I have REALLY slow feet. What do you guys do to increase foot speed? I have a ladder, if that helps you guys. Besides the ladder though, what else is there?

Thanks!

Detard
01-25-2007, 08:00 PM
the dot drill. google it and do it as best you can. basically its like this

+.............+

.......+

+.............+

(without the periods)

and you have to go in sequence. i dont know the exact sequence but its something like that. its like. bottom left to bottom right to middle to top left to top right to bottom right to middle to bottom left to bottom right to middle. then there is bottom middle top, turn around. top middle bottom. i think there is a video on here aswell.

Mike G
01-27-2007, 09:56 AM
Dot drill is great. Much easier to learn from a video than trying to explain it, but Detard is pretty close.
1. Start with feet on the bottom left and right. Jump to middle then to top two. Go backwards in the same motion. Basically, apart, together, apart, then backwards.

2. Right foot on each dot

3. Left foot on each dot

4. Feet together on each dot like you're skiing

5. Same motion as the first sequence, but turn around at the top instead of going backwards

Each sequence is done six times before moving on.

You can also do other plyo work,
http://www.exrx.net/Lists/PowerExercises.html - pretty list of drills

PowerForward
10-09-2007, 11:02 PM
The quickest hockey player I've ever played with did the dot drill every day since he was 8. He was 5'7" and weighed over 200 pounds (Jacked) as a 20 year old and still had the quickest feet on the ice.