PDA

View Full Version : Blisters!

Fuzzy
01-25-2007, 11:47 PM
Rowing camp no 3 :d

It was and awesome camp, very cool weather, water was pristine.

We finally mastered the snap lock starts, when your 4 guys that weigh over 800lbs you have to do a special start to get your fat asses moving.

Very succesful, and were looking set to dominate nationals. cant wait!

mikesbytes
01-26-2007, 12:28 AM
Thats some mean blisters. Go the finals!

Detard
01-26-2007, 06:16 AM
damn those look bad. whats all that orange ****? puss or medication?

Fuzzy
01-26-2007, 06:22 AM
medication, but it looks cool.

sharkall2003
01-26-2007, 07:48 AM
Blisters just mean you're not a bitch. I'm proud of you Fuzzy. Now go keep on getting more of 'em.

BFGUITAR
01-26-2007, 07:51 AM
Blisters just mean you're not a bitch. I'm proud of you Fuzzy. Now go keep on getting more of 'em.

Do guitar blisters count? :p

sharkall2003
01-26-2007, 07:53 AM
Hahaha, sure. Callouses work just as well. I love all the pretty boys at the gym that use gloves so they don't get blisters or callouses.

Fcancel
01-26-2007, 08:35 AM
Hahaha, sure. Callouses work just as well. I love all the pretty boys at the gym that use gloves so they don't get blisters or callouses.

hahahaha... u said it man! My hands are full of callouses and Ive no problem with them. My girlfriend just told me "but they're horrible!". I said "it's a MAN'S HAND". Than she just shutted up. LOL

sharkall2003
01-26-2007, 08:41 AM
hahahaha... u said it man! My hands are full of callouses and Ive no problem with them. My girlfriend just told me "but they're horrible!". I said "it's a MAN'S HAND". Than she just shutted up. LOL

I don't mind having callouses. It just sucks when it's really cold outside and when you move your fingers it feels like they're ripping apart. I deal with it though. I figure I'd rather have a better grip than wear gloves and have no callouses.

Fuzzy
01-26-2007, 08:51 AM
Hehe, this coincides nicely with a week off. I can not hold a single thing.

I have to say... Im very proud of them, as stupid and gross as it all is, Im proud to say that these calluses and scars are mine, from pushing myself to new limits. It seems so dumb, why not just wear gloves, cause... I dont know, but it takes something from it.

We rowed 12 miles, straight, no rest. Its rows like that that weld a crew together, you become tougher, you share eachothers pain, push eachother. I call my Serbian teamate a dirty Croat, and he calls me (a leb) a jew banging whore. my little cox, man... hes my bitch, and i love him, and the poor bastard has to sit infront of me wile im screaming 'CALL 20 HARD YOU LITTLE ****!'

Im hoping I can get a vid of us in our new boat that our coach took, timing was a little off before we did adjustments to the oars and gates, but it was pretty good vid.

I can talk about rowing forever, and how much it means to me not many people can understand. With rowing, it was a clean slate, never mind I was a fat kid, I was pretty strong, and it was even, no one else knew ho to row either. Imagine being shunned your whole life the suddenly making the top team. Like, boom! I was the best at the sport in my group.

and since then... its led to more and more, my discovery of weights and passion for lifting.

Its everything to me. In the boat, bleary eyed at 6 am, water is dead still. All you can hear is the tiny hiss of our seats rolling up the slide, our oars enter and leave the water without so much as a splash, the WOOSH of close to 900 pounds of boys, boat, and oars flowing through water. Rating a very slow 14 strokes a minute while still gliding 25 feet fromm every stroke in this sportof perfection.

Then theres racing, the heat, the anger and passion. The crowd, the atmosphere.

Races feel endless, but they finish all too quickly. The agony, legs burning, quads screaming, fatigued hams struggle to pull you back up the slide, barely abe to control the oar with forearms ready to explode from the tension. snapping at the finish, that one moment of reliefe before you go back up the slide into hell and back. the disciplin to not look out of the boat, heads straight ahead, and trust yourself to know your doing fines. tha bility to similtaneiously exert more power without any communication. having a 100pound coxin commanding 4 guys double his body weight to push it harder because theyr worthless pieces of ****. The start, tension, backs rigid, legs loaded ready to spring, coxin calling it out '3/4 double halfs, 3/4, double full, 25 hard sprint on this one, GO' The 1 mile race, the middles third of the race, the drive, the cruising, flexing our collective power and dominance, coming to the last 500 meters, the hell zone, stepping up the slide rating every strokes till your flying upo the slide rating over 34 trokes a minutes coming home into the line and collapsing in twitching convulsing agony.

This is my sport.

I love it.

Cirino83
01-26-2007, 08:52 AM
Damn Fuzzy...looks pretty painful...

I don't undertsand why everyone wants 'man hands'...**** that I use gloves for certain lifts (shrugs)...and I put lotion on my hands sometimes at work...call me girly..but girls would rather feel a soft smooth callous free hand than one that feels like a tree trunk.

Fuzzy
01-26-2007, 08:57 AM
Its usefull, I dont have much feeling with my hands, I can hold hot things.

My palms got killed, but the base of my fingers and fingers in general are thick and leathery.

sharkall2003
01-26-2007, 08:59 AM
Damn Fuzzy...looks pretty painful...

I don't undertsand why everyone wants 'man hands'...**** that I use gloves for certain lifts (shrugs)...and I put lotion on my hands sometimes at work...call me girly..but girls would rather feel a soft smooth callous free hand than one that feels like a tree trunk.

You sure about that? Maybe in Boston where you drink tea, but no in the woods where women like a man rugged.

Fuzzy
01-26-2007, 09:02 AM
lol, some of the country chicks have some pretty strong hands down here...

God damn they're so hot.

Cirino83
01-26-2007, 09:04 AM
You sure about that? Maybe in Boston where you drink tea, but no in the woods where women like a man rugged.

LOL well...am I the minority living in a city? It seems like everyone wants rugged hands...everyone must be from the woods?

Cirino83
01-26-2007, 09:05 AM
lol, some of the country chicks have some pretty strong hands down here...

God damn they're so hot.

Yea just what I'd love to find..a woman with a big strong hand/grip.. :bang:

BFGUITAR
01-26-2007, 09:47 AM
Actually most girls I know like rugged hands... and theyre city girls.

Bohizzle
01-26-2007, 09:52 AM
most girls i know like relatively tough hands, but they don't like hands that are so calloused that they'll get scratched... Take care of ur callouses, not because of girls, but because next time u pull heavy, ur overgrown callous might just rip off... just my $.02

Andrew

Detard
01-26-2007, 12:34 PM
even the girls in highschool dont want guys with pussy hands.

LibertyDante
01-26-2007, 12:36 PM
nice hands man, that is some intense work... my hands are starting to look like that from my dl's

Stumprrp
01-27-2007, 12:10 PM
intense stuff man

Davidelmo
01-27-2007, 02:39 PM
lol, you should write for animalpak.com

Talking_God
01-27-2007, 03:53 PM
im beginning to consider not wearing gloves. lol

Fuzzy
01-27-2007, 09:05 PM
lol, you should write for animalpak.com

Haha, yeah, I look up and realise Id just written an essay... damn.