PDA

View Full Version : coffee?

honda2002civic
01-26-2007, 12:40 AM
i have heard that coffee dehydrates you so you should not drink when working out. i am taking creatine right now, should i stay away from drinking coffee or no big deal?

getfit
01-26-2007, 03:21 AM
drinking coffee while working out?

Do you mean in general drinking coffee?

Unreal
01-26-2007, 07:24 AM
As long as your water intake is good, I wouldn't worry. Coffee is great. I wouldn't drink it while working out but you can drink it.

Just keep it low cal. Cream, sugar aren't the best things to be adding to healthy items. Starbucks is like liquid McDonalds. Pure junk.

RedSpikeyThing
01-26-2007, 10:27 AM
Coffee is a beautiful thing. Don't drink it too close to working out (or else your mouth will feel like cotton balls) and make sure to drink a ton of water. I've heard that for every cup of coffee you should have 2 cups of water to rehydrate yourself.

Stumprrp
01-26-2007, 10:40 AM
im a coffee-o-holic, i just get it light with splenda, a little half and half isnt going to kill you.

BostonBull
01-26-2007, 01:55 PM
As long as your water intake is good, I wouldn't worry. Coffee is great. I wouldn't drink it while working out but you can drink it.

Just keep it low cal. Cream, sugar aren't the best things to be adding to healthy items. Starbucks is like liquid McDonalds. Pure junk.

Whats so different about Starbucks coffe? 95% of the mainstream coffee shops in this country use Arabican Beans, Starbucks uses a different bean and or blend everyday. I dont see what is like liquid McDonalds?

Cirino83
01-26-2007, 02:17 PM
Whats so different about Starbucks coffe? 95% of the mainstream coffee shops in this country use Arabican Beans, Starbucks uses a different bean and or blend everyday. I dont see what is like liquid McDonalds?

Not so much with the regular coffees, but you get into all the lattes and whatever else they have then thats a whole different story.

Unreal
01-26-2007, 03:31 PM
What he said. Alot of people have frapachinos, lattes, mixes, etc almost daily. Starbucks drinks vary but most are 450+ calories, and some are over 600. Might as well drink a milkshake. Just most people don't realize the ammount of junk in most coffee drinks.

Nothing wrong with black coffee.

BostonBull
01-26-2007, 05:08 PM
OH ok I see. I thought it was another rant against Starbucks. They have, suprisingly, quite a few lattes, and mixes that have under 150 cals. When prepared with nonfat milk and sugar free syrup.

esailor
01-26-2007, 08:56 PM
I guess I'm lucky I never developed a taste for coffee. However I did for mountain dew but quit that cold turkey a year ago.

Beast
01-27-2007, 11:02 AM
They have, suprisingly, quite a few lattes, and mixes that have under 150 cals. When prepared with nonfat milk and sugar free syrup.
If you really don't want a plain coffee, a non-fat latte or non-fat cappuccino are the way to go.
Hell, a grande non-fat latte has 16g protein in it (and 20g sugar).