PDA

View Full Version : attn: lo-carb energy drink drinkers

BCorn
01-26-2007, 08:51 AM
mainly monster lo-carb and rockstar lo-carb.......what numbers are using for fitday? the calories, sugar, and carb.'s are listed, but what about protein? is there any protein in these drinks? isn't taurine a type of protein (amino)? thanks.

rk77
01-26-2007, 10:57 AM
im pretty sure there is like 10 cals in 8 oz. so a can would have about 20 cals. Im pretty sure there is just a tad bit of sugar in them, but not enough to do anything negative.

BCorn
01-26-2007, 11:11 AM
you are right about the carbs and sugars......but my question is about the protein (if there is any) there is a list of "junk" on the can....some of the items are a type of protein i think....but it is not clear to me. thanks

LaxGuy16
01-26-2007, 11:48 AM
I wouldn't really worry about the protein content of an energy drink. If it were meant to have a signifigant amount of protein they would probably call it...a protein shake?

Considering the amount of protein one has to consume in order to get muscle gains or even maintain; I sure hope your not banking on these energy drinks to be a major source of your protein intake.

In summary: Don't worry about the protein content; there isn't enough, if any, to spend time researching it.

BCorn
01-26-2007, 11:55 AM
LaxGuy16.....thanks for the response. I am deffinatly not relying on an energy drink for my protein. I rarely drink one at all. I just like to keep my fitday as accurate as possible, so I was interesed in the numbers. I get plenty of protein from the appropiate sources.

Unreal
01-26-2007, 12:15 PM
If there is any protein, it is less then 1g per serving. Plus, who cares about 1-2g anyways. Your protein intake should be plenty from other quality sources.

BCorn
01-26-2007, 02:38 PM
ya'll are all right......it doesnt realy matter....i was just curious. The point of this thread was never to indicate that I was trying to get my protein from an energy drink. thanks for all the responses. no further replies necessary.