PDA

View Full Version : Eating Big -

SaintGJR
01-26-2007, 01:19 PM
Evening fellas and females -

Im going to get bulking soon - at the moment im around 9% bf at about 176 pounds around 6ft in height.

Just wanted you guys' take on this please - i normally like to eat big, all clean mind you - lots of clean carbs, proteins, healthy fats, etc... - my diet is really good but just wondered how big you guys eat.

I dont really mind putting on a little fat as thats part of bulking - and i havent bulked for a while and i just have that feeling - you know - the one where you want to up calories as you feel like eating more.

Would be great to hear you guys' views.

Mr. D
01-26-2007, 02:05 PM
You have a great frame to start off with.Do you know your maintence calories already?If so then increase your intake by 20% of that. Get AT LEAST 1g/lbm protein and 0.5 g/lbm fat. After fill in the rest with whatever you like. I think most people like going with carbs on a bulk.

If you dont know your maintence cals then pick a number like 18xBW (3168 cals) and go with that. If you are making good gains on that stick with it, if you need to increase or decrease, then do so accordingly.

Also if i were you I would bulk at the most to 15% fat and probably stop around 12-13%, then eat at maintence for 2 weeks and then start your cut for summer.

SaintGJR
01-26-2007, 02:12 PM
Thank you - yes i am very lean at the moment and i feel i am in great condition to start bulking and gaining some mass.

FreeRider
01-27-2007, 02:09 PM
I am 5,11" and at 141lbs. I eat about 3500-4000 cal a day. Looks like you got a little poundage on me, but I'd shoot for maybe like 3200odd cal a day and see where that takes you. If your not seeing what you like weight wise, increase and try again for a week or so.