PDA

View Full Version : Can't eat enough!

Crawf
01-27-2007, 01:44 PM
Hi,

Just a few quick questions, which it would be real great to get some answers to!

I've checked my diet on fitday, and despite a 1500kcal shake i think i've only managed about 3000kcal today. Will continue to monitor, but amazed at this as i thought i was eating loads.

Wondering if i should get a MRP as well as the Whey i am already using to try and increase this. Using the calorie counter in the archive, i think i need to get at least 3700kcal.

If so, would it be ok to have a big shake (1L) for breakfast (9ish), big lunch (12.30ish), MRP (3.30ish), 500ml Shake (5.30ish), Dinner (7.30ish).

Or is there some different way to time a MRP?

Will it be best to get the WBB stuff shipped to the UK (pretty expensive) or does anyone have reccommendations for something available here?

Cheers

Progress
01-27-2007, 01:47 PM
Why don't you cook large, high calorie meals?

Crawf
01-27-2007, 02:00 PM
I thought i was, but i keep getting real full!

I'm only 5'9 and 157 - eating huge quantites has never come naturally to me.....

RedSpikeyThing
01-27-2007, 02:05 PM

I'm only 5'9 and 157 - eating huge quantites has never come naturally to me.....

We're the same size. I manage to pack in almost 4k, rarely using any supplements. I eat lots of peanuts and sandwhiches :)

Progress
01-27-2007, 02:08 PM

It's not easy for everyone. But it follows logically that if you want to get big, you have to eat big. I find tossing some olive oil on food, even after I cook it, helps add calories to a meal that might not be as calorie dense otherwise.

Crawf
01-27-2007, 04:22 PM
Mr RedSpikeything, i'll be reading your journal in detail in the morning!

Olive oil it is then. I guess it should get easier once my stomach stretches. I just can't believe how far below 4000 i am - i figured i must be at it before as ive never eaten so much in my life!

Bugger is that im allergic to peanuts, and im crap at making sandwhichs!!!

Questor
01-27-2007, 04:31 PM

Olive oil it is then. I guess it should get easier once my stomach stretches. I just can't believe how far below 4000 i am - i figured i must be at it before as ive never eaten so much in my life!

Mister Red Spikey Thing?

lol ;)

RedSpikeyThing
01-27-2007, 07:02 PM

I don't put my food in my journal, but I've got some sporratic fitday entries here (http://www.fitday.com/WebFit/PublicJournals.html?Owner=RedSpikeyThing).

Are you allergic to nuts, or just peanuts?

ADT
01-27-2007, 09:19 PM

NOOOOOO! Peanut allergy? :cry:

Best,
Andrew

Sensei
01-27-2007, 09:38 PM
From "The Big Boy Menu Plan" by JM Blakely:

My favorite question to ask those people who think they are eating tons of food but not gaining weight is, "what do you weigh?" Then when they answer (let's say 195 lbs. for example) I respond "and how long have you weighed that?" They almost always answer that they have been at their current weight for over one year and often much longer. To this I quip "then you are eating enough to maintain 195 pounds. If you want to weigh 215, you need to eat more than a person who weighs 195. You have to eat like a person who weighs 215! You have proven that you eat only enough to keep your weight steady. You've been 195 for some time now! And what you're eating is enough to hold that. But it's not enough to drive it up. So if you think you're eating all this extra food, think again. You're eating a maintenance feed lot. You need a growth feed lot! If you've been eating like a 215 pounder all last year, you would weigh 215 now! You're not eating any more than any other 195 pounder! Try harder! Eat more!"

RedSpikeyThing
01-28-2007, 09:32 AM
NOOOOOO! Peanut allergy? :cry:

Best,
Andrew

Don't worry. there's always sunflower seeds.

Do you only post when peaunts are involved?

mickyjune26
01-28-2007, 11:21 AM
definately eat healthy fats. Make them 25 - 30% of your daily calories. This really helps pack in meals.

I'm also a fan of the occasionally oatmeal shake. This can pack in 600-700 cals, easy. Powderize oatmeal, throw in PB, honey, protein mix, and olive oil.

also, be sure to get in enough sugars during and after your workout. This helps me pack on another 1000 cals easy. I use pure dextrose, which is corn sugar.

Good luck!!!

Crawf
01-30-2007, 02:42 PM
Managed to get to 3987kcal today, with a big shake and a bloody huge serving of haddock!

I eat dry-roasted peanuts, but most other nuts (inlcuding salted peanuts!) make me hurl. Oats do unpleasent things to my digestive system.

Guess such sensitivities may be part of the reason i never grew big first time round!

Crawf

P.S - Sunflower seeds i bought tasted awful. What are those big black seeds instead?

Optimum08
01-30-2007, 03:16 PM
can you eat other dry-roasted/raw nuts? almonds, walnuts they are all good and very calorically dense. healthy fats are an easy way to jump the cals up since they are all very calorically dense, avocados, olive oil, nuts, nut butters, etc.

Crawf
01-30-2007, 03:23 PM
Dry roast peanuts are the only ones that i've found that i can eat without feeling like i'm gonna hurl. There are certainly other nuts i haven't tried, but not inclined to feel sick for a couple of hours on the off chance.

Only trouble with nuts is they fill me up with gas!

I like olive oil and avocados........

FreeRider
01-30-2007, 08:29 PM
Crawf,
I'm sitting at about 140ish right now and try to pack down anywhere from 3500-4000cal a day. I find it easier if you get up early...and eat pronto! I get up at about 5, throw down about 300-400cal (bagle, whey, milk, whatevera)...then I lift at 7, and throw down another 300-400cal (oatmeal, raisins, nuts, PB, milk, calorie dense stuff). By about 830 in the morning I have almost cleared 1000! Thats the mornings without my 1000cal shake.

Just make sure you are eating every couple hours or so....much eaiser to eat a little bit, many times a day, then try to eat 3-4 huge meals!

You'll get used to eating more after a while...I used to find that 2500cal was pretty filling.....now I am usually hungry if I get sub 3000cal a day. Heres a goal I found works great:

If you ever have the feeling of hunger, you arnt eating enuff! (for a hardgainer that is)

Keep food everywhere (food like cheese, nuts (walnuts maybe if peanuts dont agree), raisins, dense stuff) and eat whenevera you have a spare moment....like sitting infront of the computer screen typing away.