PDA

View Full Version : Could use help losing weight

JarrodDK
01-28-2007, 04:55 PM
hey guys, my name is Jarrod. Hopefully everybody is doing well. I am looking to lose weight. I play Quarterback for my HS team and during the offseason so far I have put on a couple pounds. Enough so, that a couple of my old friends I hadn't seen in about a year noticed. Beginning of the season I weighed about 208, and now I weigh 225. I lift weights and run nearly everyday but I just have a bad diet. I drink alot of water, and I just need some tips on what to eat and when to eat it and all of that stuff. If somebody could help me out, I would greatly appreciate it. Also could use a suggestion for a good, cheap fat burner possibly Stackar 2. I dont want to blow 40 dollars

dblockspky
01-28-2007, 05:03 PM
You shouldn't really use stacker 2 or lipo 6 or any other type of fat burner if you're still in high school unless it's an extreme situation. How tall are you? And is football your only sport?

JarrodDK
01-28-2007, 05:05 PM
Football is my only sport. I am 6'2'' 225 I look "Thick" not fat. I want to my face skinnier and drop my gut

dblockspky
01-28-2007, 05:31 PM
6'2? So I'm guessing you wanna be floating around the 200-205 mark? It shouldn't be too hard for you if you're active. Use a caloric calculator, here's one: http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm Find out generally how many calories you need to maintain your weight. There are 3500 calories in a pound. However many pounds you wanna lose per week you take that number, multiply it times 3500 and subtract it from the amount of calories you need to maintain your weight weekly. (which would be the daily times 7). That tells you how many calories you can eat per day and from there you're set.

To be more general about it though from the way it seems if you ballooned like that(not that it's to severe) during or soon after the season then you most likely were not eating right, especially if you say you were exercising. Make sure you're eating healthy foods... It's not too hard. If you use the search function many people ask questions about it so that can help you out.

JarrodDK
01-28-2007, 05:38 PM
Maintenance:
3445 Calories/day
Fat Loss:
2756 Calories/day
Extreme Fat Loss:
2067 Calories/day

I appreciate your help man, I have no idea about anything. I lift every day except for Wednesday & Weekends. I run alot and do footwork drills after school. I just need a detailed eating plan. Are there around there? I just need to know what to eat, and when to eat it and i'll be set.

dblockspky
01-28-2007, 05:48 PM
Maybe somebody will help you out with an eating plan. You really don't need one though. The whole thing is eat whatever you want as long as you stay under your calorie limit. 3445 for maintenance? So lets say you wanted to lose 2 pounds a week. You'd wanna shoot to stay under around 2400 calories a day, eating whatever. I'm not telling you to go eat ice cream all day though. Be sensible. One thing you may want to incorporate into your diet though is a lot more protein so that you'll see better results from working out all the time. And just in case... things that are high in protein are meat, dairy products, peanut butter... some of the few.