PDA

View Full Version : Losing 6lbs in ONE Week...

Superman250
01-29-2007, 09:26 AM
Sup everyone!

So over this last week I lost 6 lbs (Going from 256 to 250, and I'm 6'2") which I heard was a lot for a one week period. However I have definetly not been starving myself eatting 5-7 meals a day and worked out 4 times this week.

My average intake this week was:

2360 Cal/ 58 Fat/ 212 Carbs/ 269 Protein

My one goal over this week is to get my Carbs down/Fat Up however that is a different problem :)

I guess my questions are....Is 6lbs too much? Should I crank up my Calories? Just stay with if I don't ever feel hungry at anytime?

Thanks in advance for the help!!!

S

Mr. D
01-29-2007, 09:28 AM
It might just be water weight. Go another few weeks and see what happens.

Casey Butt
01-29-2007, 09:32 AM
A large part of that was water. The rate of weight loss will slow down this week.

Superman250
01-29-2007, 09:33 AM
It might just be water weight. Go another few weeks and see what happens.

I also lost 2% BF and 2" off my waist....and all of my pants fall off of me, along with using belt buckle loops I have never seen before :)

smokinHawk
01-29-2007, 09:57 AM
I also lost 2% BF and 2" off my waist....and all of my pants fall off of me, along with using belt buckle loops I have never seen before :)

doesnt it take a reduction of 3500 calories to lose one pound, so for that 6 pounds you have a delta of 21000 calories in 6 days, i guess it depends on what your calorie maintaining intake was, and how much more your outputting, but that seems like quite a bit, i would say alot is water weight.

but anyways good effort, and keep it up if thats what your attempting.

RedSpikeyThing
01-29-2007, 10:06 AM

How did you measure your body fat?

Bicster
01-29-2007, 10:18 AM
I have been losing a consistent 3lbs/week since October. I've heard it all: water weight, you're going to gain it all back, you'll plateau, etc..... Just keep it up man, congrats. Are you doing cardio as well? I have been and it hasn't hindered my lb loss yet.

Superman250
01-29-2007, 10:19 AM
How did you measure your body fat?

I guess I should have said estimated 2%....I measured parts of my body and it calculates it for my height. I use the same site everytime so I dont know how accurate it is.

But even with out that...the thing that has really given it away for me is my pants falling off unless i use a belt now haha

Superman250
01-29-2007, 10:22 AM
I have been losing a consistent 3lbs/week since October. I've heard it all: water weight, you're going to gain it all back, you'll plateau, etc..... Just keep it up man, congrats. Are you doing cardio as well? I have been and it hasn't hindered my lb loss yet.

No cardio...just lifting 4 times a week. I want to throw some cardio in on my days off lifting...however stuff has just kept coming over over this last week.

What kind of cardio have you been doing when you do it? I want to get into skipping and probably staionary bike.

Also Thanks for the support!

Bicster
01-29-2007, 11:02 AM
I do 20 mins after my lift and 45mins on non-lift days. I alternate between treadmill and eliptical. On the treadmill I do 3.5mph and increase the incline by 1.0 every minute. Towards the end it gets tough!

the doc
01-29-2007, 12:04 PM
track your weightloss after the initial water loss. This comes from decreases in glycogen stores and intestinal mass (fecal weight)

Superman250
01-29-2007, 04:44 PM
track your weightloss after the initial water loss. This comes from decreases in glycogen stores and intestinal mass (fecal weight)

I have started to weigh/measure myself every Monday too track my progress and see what works best for me. Before that I weighted myself at the end of Oct and then not until the new year...