PDA

View Full Version : Powerlifting goodies

Jinkies
01-29-2007, 09:23 PM
Im about to completely get my self decked out for the upcomming competition.

The single ply suit runs for like 345 and a powerbelt is about 160, can anyone explain me the difference ill be getting because the regular suit costs 130 then the other one is double ( Does that mean that it should enhance my lifts better) and what exactly does a powerbelt offer from a different belt; ones 30 and ones 160.

Also shoes, im going to invest in some shoes and perhaps bench wrist wraps. Never had anything besides a cheap $100 suit, with all this technology and the right training on my side should my lifts yield higher?

nhlfan
01-29-2007, 09:33 PM
well, you should train with your equipment for a good while before using it in a competition. gear that you don't know how to use will be no good to you.

I'm just a little worried because you said "upcoming competition"...

sorry I can't be of more help, but good luck in the competition, jinkies.

Jinkies
01-29-2007, 09:41 PM
I got a full month or so, explain more on getting used to it.

Why is it the same peice of gear will help someone whose used it more then someone who hasnt even though they have the same base strength.

This one guy told me with like 6 months of work with a singleply squat suit it now adds 200 pounds to his squat.

nhlfan
01-29-2007, 10:27 PM
It's technique; getting used to the movement.

Chris Rodgers
01-29-2007, 10:33 PM
What equipment is it.

I don't know of any single-ply suits that cost $345.

Chubrock
01-30-2007, 06:58 AM
What equipment is it.

I don't know of any single-ply suits that cost $345.

I was going to ask the same thing. Hell I can't think of any Double Ply off the top of my head that costs that much. The most expensive stuff I know of is the Metal Squatter and what not, and they aren't anywhere near that.

rmccray
01-30-2007, 07:15 AM
the best equipment in the world means nothing if you dont know how to use it
lift how you been lifting at your coming meet and then take some time like atleast 12 weeks to learn your new gear good luck SFW!!!

Jinkies
01-30-2007, 07:28 AM
http://www.inzernet.com/detail.asp?PRODUCT_ID=LEVIATHAN_CANVAS

Paul Stagg
01-30-2007, 08:10 AM
That suit isn't legal in a single ply fed (AAU, USAPL, etc)

It's also way more suit than you need to start out with.

ericg
01-30-2007, 08:23 AM
I am guessing that it takes longer than a month to get used to using a suit, plus you havent even purchased it yet.

Guido
01-30-2007, 10:07 AM
All these guys are correct. It's going to take many weeks of training in it to get used to a suit. Also, I don't know where you found those prices, cause they are way high! My Titan Centurion suit was somewhere around $140 new ( I got mine from another guy for $80, unused). A belt shouldn't cost any more than $70 for an Inzer Forever Belt. For shoes, you don't need anything more that wrestling shoes or Chuck Taylors for squatting, or just some aqua socks w/ flat soles for deadlift. Chucks are about $35 and the deadlift slippers for me were less than $10. Wraps are around $15-30. Get 18" wraps for wrists and 2 meter wraps for knees. Those should be legal lengths for most feds.

BTW, some of the companies that sell this stuff are slow so you probably won't even get it all for several weeks.

WillKuenzel
01-30-2007, 11:18 AM
What federation are you lifting in? You need to make sure that whatever you are getting ready to purchase that its accepted in your federation. Even some wrist wraps are not allowed depending on your lifting federation.

I also agree with all the others that you are not nearly ready for a canvas suit. I've seen guys that have been competing and training for years in a canvas suit, get buried in it because something was off.

In equipment your natural groove or lifting style will change and you'll have to learn how to use the equipment. Equipment doesn't enhance your lifting, your lifting has to enhance the equipment to get the most out of it. A squat suit, especially canvas, will pull you if you are not prepared for it. Canvas more specifically than others needs to be customized for your dimensions. You can get away with just buying most single ply stuff without getting it altered but if you are going to get anywhere you'll eventually have to get your suits and shirts specifically tailored.

Sensei
01-30-2007, 12:00 PM
Jinkies buddy, you need to do a little homework or at least learn how to read... I don't want to repeat what everyone has already said, but I will - no single-ply suit or shirt is going to cost much more than $150 and no belt should cost you more than $100.

You say "I've never had anything except a cheap $100 suit.". What suit was that and if you've tried suits, why do you not understand that you will have to get used to it?

Jinkies
02-01-2007, 04:44 PM
I was just confused because a guy once told me to work 8 months with a singleply before even thinking about trying to work with a doubleply; I was just seeing how trainnig with a suit more makes the suit work better then it would with just trying it on.

Like a suit will add more weight to your squat if your used to training with it.

I ended up getting the inzer hardcore and Just finished trying it out on some squats, I must say I LOVE it. I feel so much stronger in my explosion and its pretty much doing everything it suppose to and now that I personally own a suit I think ill be training alot with it.

Chubrock
02-01-2007, 06:48 PM
Alright man. I don't like doing this, but I'm going to call BS. You didn't decide to go with a different suit until what, two days ago? I don't know of any company that has that kind of turnaround on their gear.

Jinkies
02-01-2007, 09:42 PM
Alright man. I don't like doing this, but I'm going to call BS. You didn't decide to go with a different suit until what, two days ago? I don't know of any company that has that kind of turnaround on their gear.

Stop looking for trouble I never said that I had purchased the suit yet, I made this thread to yalls opinions on equipment before I dropped the money.

The suit was shipped from longview texas which is 4 hours from my house, don't tell me what I can and can't do even if thats not the case.

sensei- I made this thread ignorant on singleply suits, I had always figured them to be expensive and when I saw the leviatian I assumed that there were many suits that ran that price that were singleply. Ive had 3 meets before using the schools provided equipment so it was secondhand not nearly the correct fitting.

Chubrock
02-01-2007, 09:55 PM
Stop looking for trouble I never said that I had purchased the suit yet, I made this thread to yalls opinions on equipment before I dropped the money.

I ended up getting the inzer hardcore and Just finished trying it out on some squats, I must say I LOVE it. I feel so much stronger in my explosion and its pretty much doing everything it suppose to and now that I personally own a suit I think ill be training alot with it.

Did you buy it or not?

Jinkies
02-01-2007, 10:00 PM
Yes I got the inzer hardcore this afternoon at 4 then went to the schools gym and 4:40 and tried it out. I ordered it yesturday and spent 20 bucks to get it the nextday.

edit: I had the arguement confused, I thought U had said I bought leviatian then returned it and got a new suit in 2 days. You actually had meant that I was lieng about the fact that I decided to get a suit and had it the next day but yeah I understand it now.

bill
02-01-2007, 10:02 PM
How did the training go?

Jinkies
02-01-2007, 10:04 PM
Well I had been led to believe I had a meet this saturday so I took wednesday off and today was going to be a suit try out and form check and then tommorow rest and get the meet.

I ended up getting 3 sets of squat in just testing it out before I figured out the meet date was rechanged and decided to save legs for tommorow and work chest.

I did 315x8,500x6, then 605x2.

The 605 went up just as easy as the 315 but I didnt want to try to rep out thinking I had a meet, ill get an actual workout in tommorow.

uw-lifter96
02-01-2007, 10:58 PM
*wants proof*