PDA

View Full Version : Cutting and Bulking, kind of???

ELPHT man
01-29-2007, 09:44 PM
Hey, I am 21 and all through high school i lifted real hard for several years. (benched up to 375 and i cant remember the rest) Since then I have started lifting hard again and I am on my way to being where i once was. Every day, weekdays atleast, I eat 2 chicken sandwiches spread out through the day. The chicken sandwiches consist of a large fat free chicken breast, a piece of kraft chees on top, and on a hoagie bun. I also consume about 100 grams of whey protein. I must add that I am about 6' 2" and weigh about 265 lbs. I am just wondering what I can expect from this diet? My train of thought is that since i am eating so little for how much i weigh and i am still consuming quite a bit of protein that I will lose fat and bulk up at the same time. I guess what I want to do is cut down on my fat without losing a lot of muscle. If soembody who knows what theyre talking about or has tried something like this could give me some pointers on what else i should be doing that would be great...

PS: One thing I forgot is that I also take creatine (cell tech) after every workout.

Mr. D
01-29-2007, 09:48 PM
You cant really cut up and bulk at the same time. For all practical purposes its impossible. if you are in caloric deficit, you will lose fat and/or muscle. If u want to lean out, then you must eat in caloric deficit and lift HEAVY weights (3-5 rep range). If you want to add mass, then you must eat in caloric surplus. I would suggest you track your food intake on fitday.com so you know exactly how much you are getting in and then decide which way you want to go in terms of caloric intake.

Welcome to the boards.

Talking_God
01-29-2007, 09:52 PM
If you want to lose the fat, like Mr. D says, cut calories back below your maintanence and continue to eat about 1g/lb of muslce of protein every day and you should be able to keep whatever muscle you have and lose fat.