PDA

View Full Version : Definition of "cutting"

Fredd
01-31-2007, 09:47 AM
What is exactly the steps of cutting?
Im bulking right now, im 163, gained 15 pounds in last 2 months. Should I cut for summer? and if I do,,,,what is exactly cutting?

RedSpikeyThing
01-31-2007, 10:24 AM
Cutting involves eating lower than maintenance with the intent to decrease bodyfat while maintaing muscle mass. ie get ripped.

It's a personal decision to cut or not. It really depends on how much muscle you have on your frame. At 5'11" 163, I wouldn't suggest cutting because you would perobably look very skinny. Again, it's personal preference. If you think you're getting fat, cut.

ddegroff
02-01-2007, 04:34 AM
Cutting involves eating lower than maintenance with the intent to decrease bodyfat while maintaing muscle mass. ie get ripped.

It's a personal decision to cut or not. It really depends on how much muscle you have on your frame. At 5'11" 163, I wouldn't suggest cutting because you would perobably look very skinny. Again, it's personal preference. If you think you're getting fat, cut.

Nailed it!

Do you feel fat, if so cut. At your weight I would keep bulking.

KoolDrew
02-01-2007, 08:00 AM

This is exactly why I'm bulking right now. I want to have a decent amount of lean body mass before I get down to lower body fat percentages.