PDA

View Full Version : Help Cutting Not working

JJFunaz
02-01-2007, 07:49 AM
Hey guys me and my girlfriend have been working out for about 6 months now, and we decided to go on a cut. The problem is its been 4 weeks and she hasn't lost a pound but I've lost 4.

our Stats
Me: 5'7 200lbs -
Maintenance 2800 calories,
Eating 2200-2500 a day

Her:
5'3 135
Maintenace: 1800
Eaiting: 1200-1500 a day

She's starting to get discouraged and I don't want her to drop off. Any suggestions?

KoolDrew
02-01-2007, 07:55 AM
There's more to a diet then just the amount of calores. What are the macronutrient percentages and what kind of stuff do you eat? I would highly recommend tracking the food you eat on fitday. It will calculate the macronutrients for you and will help tremendously.

Ritzol
02-01-2007, 07:58 AM
True, it does matter what she's eating.

However eating below maintenance she should still be losing some weight.

What is her activity level? There is a fine line... if she's not eating enough calories to support her activity her metabolism will slow down and make it even harder to lose weight.

I think that women have a harder time losing weight though... it just seems to take more time.

I know that I get pissed when I'm not losing and my boyfriend is dropping punds like mad, it is very frustrating.

JJFunaz
02-01-2007, 08:17 AM
We are both doing WBB1 and tracking on fitday.

Eating clean, no more fast food, and maintaining high protein low carb diets.

Maybe throw in more cardio before or after our wbb1 workouts?

Ritzol
02-01-2007, 08:44 AM
I was just on a cutting diet and not losing any weight..

I didn't have enough carbs, so I added some, took out some protein and so far it's working..

tdotteg
02-01-2007, 08:49 AM
do you do hiit?? if not, try it! i don't even do sscardio too much when i cut. only towards the end of the cut just to lose the stubborn fat that won't budge lol.