PDA

View Full Version : Lower Carbs on non-training Days ?

YatesNightBlade
03-21-2001, 02:50 AM
Whats everyones feelings on this ??

big calvin
03-21-2001, 05:55 AM
i use to do this cause i just added 2 cups grape juice post workout so it would add more carbs....now on the low carb day i use to only eat about 140g carbs, so on training days it would jump to 210g .....so my carbs where always low but hey that grape juice was good :)

Joe Black
03-21-2001, 06:35 AM
Mine stay the same....

Surely carbs are just as improtant non traniing days for recovery ?

Spiderman
03-21-2001, 01:54 PM
Non-Training days are the same for me as well. I mite go a tad lower on carbs but not much. Right now I"m taking a week off and doing really low carbs every day. Just eating protein and fat. Carbs are less than 100 easily so far since Monday. :cool:

YatesNightBlade
03-22-2001, 01:46 AM
C'mon guys .... 50 reads and 3 responses.

Hulk, yeah I agree, you will need carbs to aid recovery, but surley not as much !!!

Anyone else ??????

Raildog
03-22-2001, 02:06 AM
Hey, what I've been doing lately is having simple carbs for my pre-workout meal, and also for my post-workout meal.
Then I switch to complex carbs for my other 4 meals, so I take in 110 grams of simple carbs before and after workout, then 45 grams(complex) for meal three, 25 grams(complex) for meal four, 25(complex) for meal 5, and right before bed I take about 10 grams of carbs(complex),and 25 grams of protein.
My workout's feel better, and I still have good enery throughout the night,( I work 2nd shift).

Raildog

Raildog
03-22-2001, 02:08 AM
I forgot to add that maybe on non-workout days you could just concentrate on only complex carbs, but keep intake around the same,
just a thought...

Raildog

YatesNightBlade
03-22-2001, 06:45 AM
Thanks for the response raildog .... yeah .... I only have complex carbs. I don't eat simple carbs except post workout.

kAto
03-22-2001, 07:32 AM
unless your really concerned about adding extra bf, then i dont think less carbs on non-workout days is nessesary.

like everybody else the only difference in carbs i consume is the simple carbs after a workout, other than that all my caloric intake stay the same throughout the week.

also i taper my carb intake as in gets later in the evening i found that this method allows me to stay lean and not add any unwanted fat.

Franco
03-22-2001, 07:57 AM
I feel that the same amount of carbs on training days are required for optimum recovery, and Yates you dont really need simple carbs after your workout:)

gino
03-22-2001, 11:37 AM
No change for me. Carbs consistant from day to day and meal to meal.

gino
03-22-2001, 11:42 AM
Oh yeah, and carb intake on non training days never had an effect on me adding body fat. In fact, I got down to 6% while eating over 300g of carbs every day. CONSISTANCY from meal to meal and eating the right kind of carbs is the key. ALL my carbs come from wheat, whole grain, oatmeal, and fruit - no white bread, pasta(except on cheat day), etc...

YatesNightBlade
03-23-2001, 02:41 AM
Originally posted by FAngel
I feel that the same amount of carbs on training days are required for optimum recovery, and Yates you dont really need simple carbs after your workout:)

and why's that Fangel.

gino
03-23-2001, 06:34 AM
NEED them? No.

Will they help? YES.

Anything that can make your blood glucose levels rise quickly after a workout is good.