PDA

View Full Version : Competition Diet Help!

Ritzol
02-02-2007, 01:40 PM
So my diet is once again not working, I have posted what I'm eating in my journal, so i'm not going to post that here.

But anywayz, when I first started out calories were too low, so I made some changes and it was fine and now im not losing weight again and it's really really really REALLY pissing me off.

Not to mention that I'm supposed to have the gym owner help me, but seems to be making no efforts whatsoever to contact me..even though I have left multiple messages for him, so that in itself really makes me more mad than the fact I'm not losing weight.

So any advice would be nice because I have 8 weeks, and if I can't find something effective to lose enough weight within that amount of time then I would like to know now so I don't continue to waste my time.

the doc
02-03-2007, 09:30 AM
ritzy can you just post it here since there are many many journals now

Ritzol
02-05-2007, 10:12 AM
Ok..

So this is what I WAS eating

Meal 1:
6 egg whites
1/2 cup oatmeal w/sf jell-o mixed in.
2 multi-vitamins
2 fisho oils

Meal 2:
1 scoop protein
1 fish oil

Meal 3:
Broccoli
9 egg whites
2 fish oils

Meal 4:
1/4 cup oatmeal
1/2 cup ff cottage cheese
1 4 oz carb control yogurt
1 fish oil

Meal 5:
Broccoli
Turkey Burger
1 scoop protein

Now:

Everything is the same except for I have switched meal 3 and 4 around. I've also started doing cardio in the am. I also replaced the turkey burger with 4 oz of chicken.

I try to drink at the very least 4 liters of water/day, and I have been doing clen for 2 weeks on 2 weeks off.

Slim Schaedle
02-05-2007, 11:23 AM
Ok..

So this is what I WAS eating

Meal 1:
6 egg whites
1/2 cup oatmeal w/sf jell-o mixed in.
2 multi-vitamins
2 fisho oils

Meal 2:
1 scoop protein
1 fish oil

Meal 3:
Broccoli
9 egg whites
2 fish oils

Meal 4:
1/4 cup oatmeal
1/2 cup ff cottage cheese
1 4 oz carb control yogurt
1 fish oil

Meal 5:
Broccoli
Turkey Burger
1 scoop protein

Now:

Everything is the same except for I have switched meal 3 and 4 around. I've also started doing cardio in the am. I also replaced the turkey burger with 4 oz of chicken.

I try to drink at the very least 4 liters of water/day, and I have been doing clen for 2 weeks on 2 weeks off.

Looks extremely low in protein.

I tally up maybe 120-140ish grams

Ritzol
02-05-2007, 03:28 PM
ummmm?? It's basically all protein, supplemented fat, and fibrous carbs.

the doc
02-05-2007, 04:48 PM
have you thought about some sort of carb cycling?
how about micronutrients like calcium? seem kinda low to me

Slim Schaedle
02-05-2007, 05:00 PM
ummmm?? It's basically all protein, supplemented fat, and fibrous carbs.

Right, I agree.

And unless I am absolutely horrible with my mathematical estimates today, there is extremely little protein in that diet by bodybuilding "standards."

(of course you may not weight much, etc)

So, if you counted it up and I am indeed incorrect, then let me know and I will try to see if I can register and go back to 3rd grade.

Ritzol
02-05-2007, 07:33 PM
have you thought about some sort of carb cycling?
how about micronutrients like calcium? seem kinda low to me

Well actually Rob suggested carb cycling... my only problem with that is I like the security of eating the same foods each day. There is calcium in the multivitamin, I'm not sure how much though.

Ritzol
02-05-2007, 07:35 PM
I guess I was under the impression protein intake should be approx 1-1.2g/lb of bodyweight. I weigh 130 lbs.

And isn't your body only capable of absorbing so much? It's kinda like taking in too many vitamins, if you can't absorb it..you pee it out.

Holto
02-05-2007, 07:36 PM
I can't imagine any type of contest diet where the totals are unknown.

muscle chic
02-05-2007, 07:51 PM
How about...

4 whites, 1/4 cup oats, green apple

4oz yam, 6 -8 oz turkey breast, broccoli

pre gym- green apple, 4 oz yam

6-8 oz turkey breast, broccoli

8 whites as pancake w/sf syrup

sf jello for sanity

The closer you get you may need to cycle carbs. Also are you doing two cardio sessions a day? how far out are you?

Slim Schaedle
02-05-2007, 07:56 PM
I guess I was under the impression protein intake should be approx 1-1.2g/lb of bodyweight. I weigh 130 lbs.

And isn't your body only capable of absorbing so much? It's kinda like taking in too many vitamins, if you can't absorb it..you pee it out.

I hate to say it, but being a member since 2002 and having over 1,500 posts, you should know the asnwer to the limited protein absorption myth.

Since your weight is 130, I will have to take back what I said about low protein.

the doc
02-06-2007, 07:28 AM
the problem with all very low carb diets are depletion of krebbs/TCA cycle intermediates to use in gluconeogenesis. There is much anecdotal evidence that adkins type eating results in typical weight loss of 10-20 lbs in your average overweight/mildly obese person. then there is a substantial plateau - one of the theories is depletetion of krebs intermediates. the nice thing about carb cycling is this gives periodic replenishment of these intermediates. Now there are other theories involving primarily hormonal changes (that may be altered by carb cycling) but i would say nothing short of gear use and thyroid hormones would be needed to overcome those..lol

say hi to rob for me!